Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nsr Problem

• 30-06-2009 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

On the road today the engine just lost revs and quickly died, The ignition still seems to try start and the engine tries but fails to actually start.
    Bike has fuel oil etc, no warning lights are on. Anyone got some suggestions on what to check?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

check your plugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

compression test it if you hav a tester handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Sadly I don't have a spanner big enough to get the spark plug out I'll have to find one tomorrow.
    Aint got a tester :( I actually rang the 24 hour breakdown cover I got from quinn and well to say it was useless is putting it nicely. He came out tried to start it for a minute and said "Oh it's the fuel pump" and said they can tow it tomorrow. The small problem being that its a gravity fed system on the NSR......
    I'd say its the plugs so I might try get a spanner to get it out and take a look before I get it towed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

I'd imagine its not getting a spark is all bring it to your nearest mechanic for a compression test and the like

Aye took out the spark plug today and gave it a bit of a clean. The bike started straight away but died again after a few minutes, I'm gonna get a new plug for it tomorrow and will see how that goes. Cheers for the help guys!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Possible that the engine is running rich?

Have you measured the engine voltage with a multimeter?

Popped a new spark plug in today and she is running sweet as a nut again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Asok wrote: »
    Popped a new spark plug in today and she is running sweet as a nut again!

Good stuff ;)

Advertisement