Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert dreams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

i had a good lc dream last night. I got my results and got 395 points and was delighted. But before the lc i had dreams i was late for my english exam but i put them to rest wen i got up at 6 for english just in case:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I had a good one, but only one. All the results were out, but I dunno what I got because I was checking the scripts. I was looking at my physics exam and my own teacher corrected and gave me 130 out of 120 on section A :) That was funny. Physics won't turn out that well though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I haven't had any LC dreams but I know that some of my friends have...

On a side, the 3rd of June feels like 6 months ago. Its hard to believe that this time last month we were ringing in Joe Duffy and planning to nuke Louth! Ahhh good times! Feels like ages ago now though.

I had another one last night (while I was camping in Lahinch, which is a pretty odd time for a dream about the L.C.) and in it I got 600 points, which is impossibly unlikely in real life. It was all well and good until I realised I'd failed Irish - my only language other than English - so the points were useless. I ended up not getting into any college course.

I hope this doesn't happen as there actually is a real chance of me failing Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

I had one dream the night before the Leaving Cert, that in place of English Paper I, Geography Paper II was on...pretty stupid.

I've also dreamt twice that I have both Irish papers and History still to do, which freaks me out far more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I had another one recently actually, where on my History exam I drew a big picture instead of writing an essay... :eek: I spent the next day re thinking my whole exam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I had one a few nights ago that I went into my English mock after preparing absolutely nothing. Then I woke up. I had that great "Oh it was only a dream" feeling then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

i had a dream i got three A1's, it was fantastic!
    until i woke up.

i've a feeling that the dreams will turn into nighmares closer to august 12th though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I had a dream at the end of the LC that it was only the beginning. Then it showed a graveyard, Agent Scully from the X-Files and the X-Files theme music playing. Next minute, it was from my point of view and I was going into an underground car park beneath the graveyard where a giant cockroach was eating these people. So I freaked out and ran into my school, where all my friends were studying. Then our Irish teacher came and told us that the LC was cancelled because of aliens, and we all had to hide so we went into a classroom and the Irish teacher kept telling us about the giant cockroach that ate people and animals, and I started freaking out about my cat until I found she was sleeping under the bookshelf. And my other friend brought her kittens in her hand-bag.

Never been so freaked out in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'm still dreaming about it, two years on.. must be something to do with reapplying through the CAO or some nonsense.

Mad one about the physics exam where none of it was written, we just had to do loads of experiments using these super-cool machines.. :D

Another one where I forgot to do all but 2 questions on the chemistry paper, left out an essay on the english paper and left out loads of the biology too.. I think that one reflected my paranoia at the time which was always unfounded! :D I always answered too many questions just so I wouldn't worry that I hadn't answered enough.

The LC dreams were the only dreams I've had that have bordered on nightmares.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

yea I do sometimes...actually I think everybody does no??

I havent met anybody else that does interestingly enough.
    There is a reason I asked.
    I have a very old "A-Z of the human body" book which I picked up in a charity shop and it states "although most people dream in black in white there are a small amount of people who dream in colour".
    I guess it may have something to do with the fact that black and white televison was common in the 50's and therefore many people viewed "life" in black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

"although most people dream in black in white there are a small amount of people who dream in colour".

Not doing the Leaving Cert till next year, but after the summer tests I had a dream where we were sitting in River Island doing our maths exam, and instead of being able to leave when you finished the paper you could look around the shop.
    so I finished the paper and found a really nice pair of Grey and purple heels.

First time I realised that I dream in colour.

My dreams are very blurry though, like I know what's going on, and I know who the people are but I can't make out their faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I havent had any yet thankfully,but i think its because i was too laid back about the exams.just hope i dont pay for it in august.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I'd onw wer it was the 2 weeks leadin up to the exam wer jus about the start and the fact tht my LC was over was, in my dream, a dream.

I then awoke... to much releif!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

I had a dream that went to school to get my results and I failed every subject but Russian. Then I went out of the school and realised that I'm not in Dublin, but in some kind of old freaky town. I'm so scared now about my results :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I had another dream last night and it was a good one:

I opened my results and I got these:

English (H) - C1. . . 70
    Irish (O) - C3. . . 20
    Maths (H) - C3. . . 60
    French (O) - C3. . . 20
    Geography (H) - A1 :D. . . 100
    Home. Ec (H) - C3. . . 60
    Accounting I can't remember (Probably a fail).

At the end of the page it said I got 375 :D. I need about 335.

And to top it all off, a person that I'd like to see fail did :pac:. That part made me really happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I've had loads about sitting exams in subjects I didn't even do, or realising that I was writing biology answers to an english paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Larkin501 wrote: »

And to top it all off, a person that I'd like to see fail did :pac:. That part made me really happy.

You heartless bastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

i had a few mostly of i couldnt answer the paper, or couldn't remember anything

i had one last night , i was sitting ag ec paper 3 ( i know) and i got a strange looking cashflow ,and i couldn't answer any QS. i was saying in my dream that i couldn't do it, it has been so long since i did ag ec ( which makes sense) that was all i could have remembered ...

You heartless bastard

I hope to have it again tonight. Besides, I think everybody wants to see at least one person fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Had a dream a few nights ago that I was sitting the biology exam (i didn't do biology), but i kept losing the answer booklet in this pile of books on my desk. I'd already passed on the project part of it, but when time came to hand it up, I couldnt find my answers so I failed the whole leaving!

had another dream where my friend woke me up saying it was time for the last part of the Irish exam. I had to have all the sliochts learnt off by heart and recite them to the examiner in 5 mins!

Really glad its not only me the pressures getting to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Didnt have any dreams about results til the other night....it was weird! Dreamt that i went into school in the morning, got this big brown envelope, and then carried it around with me for the day, refusing to open it...eventually that night i opened it up, and there was a sheet for each subject i did. Took out the home ec one first, got a B, and i was highly insulted that i didnt get an A....i didnt even do home ec :rolleyes: then i couldnt find my english, maths or irish results in the envelope, cue mad panic and searching the bus that id come home in for these sheets that id lost :confused: Couldnt find my pin number for internet results either, but at that stage after getting B's in 4 of my subjects i'd decided that it was impossible to get my course (medicine) so decided feck that i didnt want them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

I did my leaving cert 3 years ago and I still occasionally have nightmares about having to do the Irish exam paper II! :o I find this really strange cos I only have fond memories of the leaving cert. Yes it's possible to enjoy 6th year! Oh the relief when I wake up and realise I NEVER have to sit that exam again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Didnt have any dreams about results til the other night....it was weird! Dreamt that i went into school in the morning, got this big brown envelope, and then carried it around with me for the day, refusing to open it...eventually that night i opened it up, and there was a sheet for each subject i did. Took out the home ec one first, got a B, and i was highly insulted that i didnt get an A....i didnt even do home ec :rolleyes: then i couldnt find my english, maths or irish results in the envelope, cue mad panic and searching the bus that id come home in for these sheets that id lost :confused: Couldnt find my pin number for internet results either, but at that stage after getting B's in 4 of my subjects i'd decided that it was impossible to get my course (medicine) so decided feck that i didnt want them :p

I lost the whole envelope in my dream the other night! :eek: I ended up getting 450 points but i didn't know what grades i got lol! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

i keep on seeing the number 495 during the day (and in my sleep), like today in the shop i was working in, twice, peoples stuff added up to 4.95. stuff like that keeps on happening. i'm a bit paranoid. i think its a sign. 495 points would be good, but it'd be torture to come that close to the golden 500 and not make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Fince wrote: »
    i keep on seeing the number 495 during the day (and in my sleep), like today in the shop i was working in, twice, peoples stuff added up to 4.95. stuff like that keeps on happening. i'm a bit paranoid. i think its a sign.
    A bit? :eek:

:rolleyes:

I had another dream last night. Wasn't as good as my other one, but anyway:

It was the day of the results. I went out to my school with everybody else and we were told by our vice principal that we'll have to wait 10 minutes as the results weren't there yet. I then went to the shop on my own. I came back and everybody had their results and were all happy. I went to collect mine and I was told I wasn't allowed to have them as I wasn't there to collect them :mad:

Hope that's not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I had three last night. THREE. In one of them I got a C in everything. In another I failed the subject "Bones",and got an A1 in French (not gonna happen.) In the final one 2 of my exams weren't counted as my handwriting was deemed illegible.

The next week or so should be fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

"Bones"

Palentology!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

i have leaving cert results nightmares, dreams and day dreams...i just hope they are worth the stress

Advertisement