Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert dreams

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Rodgeb

I did the Leaving in 1997. Dreamt I was sitting it again without any study in the last week.:eek::eek::eek:

I never got them until about two or three years ago and now I get them every couple of months or so. Still one of the most frightening feelings ever. Never get them about college exams, always the Leaving.

Always glad when I wake up and remember that I just have to go work and when I come home I can relax for the evening.:cool:

Best of luck with your results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I had a few last night,one is never enough! The craziest one,by far,involved me sitting outside the school from midnight onwards (we're allowed to pick up our results at 7.45 and they're providing breakfast for us and our parents.) I sat there in the cold and rain for nearly 8 hours,and when I woke up I was in hospital. I'd gotten a urinary tract infection :rolleyes: I kept asking everyone where my results were,and my principal said I had to wait until next year for them. =/ I felt pretty lousy too.

Ugh,I just want them to hurry up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

(we're allowed to pick up our results at 7.45 and they're providing breakfast for us and our parents.)

IMPRESSIVE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

RandomIrl wrote: »
    IMPRESSIVE

Weird,isn't it? I think they just want a lot of us to come into the school for the results rather than getting them online. Apparently only 25 or so people went out to the school last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'm not getting any of these dreams however, last night I had a dream where I was at a Backstreet Boys concert at the Papal Cross in Pheonix park, weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Had a dream last night that I got an A1 in English.

Let's see how that one works out for me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

had a dream i got an A4 in maths.was just that kind of dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

Weird,isn't it? I think they just want a lot of us to come into the school for the results rather than getting them online. Apparently only 25 or so people went out to the school last year.

well considering you get your results 4 and a quarter hours earlier...i'd go to the school, breakfast or no breakfast!1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

They have begun for me. Dreamt that I was still doing them, and while everyone else was finished and celebrating, I was inside studying for Biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

my mom dreamt i got 580 :D and i had some nightmare or other about my results last night :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Iv only had one dream about the leaving, when I went to pick up my results I got C's in everything.

Subconsciously the grad must be more stressful as Iv had loads of dreams about that.
    One was our whole year was on a bus to the grad and my friend was being thought french by one of the lads in our year, then everyone was messing and the driver refused to drive us to the grad. Woke up then.

Another one was the whole year was in our gp room taking a class photo, while our old principal (a nun) was sitting up the top of the room at a little desk calling us up one by one and asking us what we'd like to drink, I said vodka and fanta, and she started asking me about my family and gave me an easter egg, then we all started drinking in the lunchroom and our principal started auctioning off all the leftover drink so I bought a bottle of JD, when we were all leaving she was hugging a 6ft tall blow up bottle of smirnoff and teaching us how to walk sober so that the younger students wouldn't cop on that we were all drunk, then our whole year went up to our lockers (which is a tiny area) and we had our grad there but all the first years were pushing through to get to the art room.

And one I had last week was that I was in my granny's house and my mum, my aunt's fiancee and his little brother, (don't know if he even has one but he looked like spencer that was in eastenders), picked me up in a limo and brought me to my grad which was in a field, when I got there I realised Id forgotten completely all about it and I didn't ask sombody to go with me, Id also forgotten to put on my tan, make up, buy new shoes, do my hair and had put my dress on wrong (under my uniform), so I ran into the bathroom crying while I was begging my mum to ring some guy and ask him to drive in quickly to walk me down the aisle as it had turned into a wedding! :eek: I woke up so don't know what happened.

These grad dreams are becoming very stressful, still waiting for the LC dreams to kick in. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SEInvincible

i had one yeah :/:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Can't imagine what I'll be like for the LC, I had dreams about the JC for a year! I would be in the middle of my exam and some men would come in and say sorry we need your table and I'd be like 'But I'm doing my Irish paper!' but my table would be already gone. Or the exam would end the minute I walked in or I lost my shoes etc. God the stress. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

Two nights ago I dreamt we all went back into the room we sat the exam in and it was set up like it was during the exams. Then our bio teacher came into the room (and had crazy hair for some reason) and handed us back our papers. I got 100% in the exam. If only...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Last night I had a dream that I arrived in for my English Paper 2 exam half an hour late due to walking all the way to Domino's Pizza. I got all flustered, and couldn't answer any of the questions. None of the poet's were even on the course, and the Shakespeare play was MacBeth, not King Lear. The Reading Comprehension (I know there isn't one on P2 but tell dream-me that!) we had to draw a graph. I didn't have a ruler, and the superintendant laughed at me ("who doesn't bring a ruler to an English exam?")

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I had one like the night before English Paper 1. Went in, done it. Came out and suddenly realised that I forgot to do the part (b) and the essay. I was crackin', but then when I woke up I was full confident of doing all the parts inside the exam. Delighted:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

("who doesn't bring a ruler to an English exam?")
    Well, you brought King Lear!!

>_>

<_<

'Twas always Irish for me, my bête noire!

Or else I was naked in the middle of the exam hall, and everyone was looking and pointing.

It probably says something about my personality that the ones about Irish traumatised me far far more!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

The night before maths p2 I dreamt that I forgot to put my exam number on p1. At least I hope that was a dream.

A few days ago I dreamt that I went back into the exam hall and the examiner guy was handing out papers we had already done. I got my Business exam back and it had been marked by my teacher. I corrected the exam and then I handed it up again. :confused: May have been wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fete

Had one during the exams. Was going into english without ever studying the course. I was so relieved when I woke up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭barry181091

I'm seriously too laid back to have nightmares about the LC :D Wait...for that matter I was seriously too laid back for study too :rolleyes: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Mithrid

I dreamt that I was late for the first exam but the superintendent let me sit down anyway and when I finally got the paper, time was up! Quite shocking really, thank god that didn't actually happen in reality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Ive had so many nightmares! :(

Keep dreaming that Im late for physics/ I leave early etc.

Worst one was my Geography dream. Hoping for an A in it, but in my dream, I was the only person in the room doing geog and everyone else was doing technology. We started at 9, and the technology finished at half 9. My teacher told us to hand up our papers, and forced us all out of the room.... The horror! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I had another dream like two days ago. I keep getting dreams about the Leaving Cert. It's weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I never have dreams about the actual exams, I have very hermione-esque dreams of opening the results and seeing I've failed everything which I find much, much more terrifying! The only downside is then having the opposite dreams saying I got 500-600 points and then feeling miserable because I know that won't happen =(. It's not fair haha

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

oh ya i had some stupid ass dreams e.g.

i decided to do my italian exam(i don't speak italian) in the middle of my irish exam, no particular reason, then i accidently took out a piece of paper out of my bag which turned out to be an irish mock paper and i was ****ting it cos i thought i was going to get done for cheating, and then after that i finished my italian exam and ran out of time in my irish paper! :P stress

then some rather useful dreams that involved not doing a part of a question or in the right section which made me extra vigilent!

The night before maths p2 I dreamt that I forgot to put my exam number on p1. At least I hope that was a dream.
    Ive had that one too... Im actually terrified that I put down my name and not my number on an exam o.o

Had another dream last night, that I got an A in geography and technology (i dont even do technology) and I got an F1 in irish (because in my dream apparently theres F1s and F2s) I had a total freaker and woke up on the verge of tears xD

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Fernicia

I had a rather mild nightmare.
    I dreamt I was in my own house living room and my back garden was an area of grass outside two adjacent schools on the day of Applied Maths and Religion. I showed up all nervous talking to someone doing Applied Maths (I was preping for religion) in a different school before I realised I didn't do religion and was therefore finished my exams. I woke up then with confuzzled indifference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Never really had them but last night I dreamt that I did really well and got my first choice. I could pretty much see my grades infront of me, it felt so real and even dreamt that my teachers were coming up and asking how I did. Was quite the experience waking up and realising it wasn't real :( I really hate waiting!

• Advertisement
Advertisement