Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stiltskin

• 30-06-2009 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

I was clearing out some old boxes of junk over the weekend and I came across a few of my CDs that I hadn't seen (or listened to) in a long time. The most notable being The Mind's Eye by Stiltskin. Having listened to the album quite a bit over the last couple of days I am amazed that these guys didn't make it big.
    For anyone who doesn't know who I'm on about, this is their hit single:

This is the Levis ad that it was used in:

Anyone else remember them or the album?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Brings back memories, I saw them in King Tuts in Glasgow when they were becoming famous and the drummer showed his willy to the crowd. Maybe that's part of the reason..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

They fell apart when the vocalist left to join genesis, only to be booted out after 1 album, think he's a solo artist now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Gordon wrote: »
    Brings back memories, I saw them in King Tuts in Glasgow when they were becoming famous and the drummer showed his willy to the crowd. Maybe that's part of the reason..
    Ha ha, he sounds like a classy guy :).
    They fell apart when the vocalist left to join genesis, only to be booted out after 1 album, think he's a solo artist now.
    According to their Wikipedia page they are actually still a band. The only original member is the singer but they released another album in 2006 and a live album in 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Jesus, completely forgot about these guys. Brings me back to the years of drinking cheap cans of cider. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

i can see why billy corgan went on top of the pops and said "hi, we're stiltskin"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

malice_ wrote: »
    According to their Wikipedia page they are actually still a band. The only original member is the singer but they released another album in 2006 and a live album in 2007.

They're "Ray Wilson & Stiltskin", which is basically Wilson speak for Wilson playing non acoustic. To be honest, the later albums aren't as bad as people say. Nothing earth shattering, but pretty decent.

Minds Eye was a damn good album though. Was kinda poetic justice that Wilson shafted the rest of the band to leave for Genesis, when he was subsequently shafted by Genesis. That said, Rutherford and Banks really f*cked him over badly.

I've a lot of time for Ray Wilson as a musician though.

Jesus, completely forgot about these guys. Brings me back to the years of drinking cheap cans of cider. :p
    You mean you don't still do that? I was drinking cheap cider only last week!
    ShawnRaven wrote:
    I've a lot of time for Ray Wilson as a musician though.
    What's his solo stuff like?

You mean you don't still do that? I was drinking cheap cider only last week!

Nope, only expensive cider. ;)

Nope, only expensive cider. ;)
    Does the price paid have any influence on the quality of the beverage?

Does the price paid have any influence on the quality of the beverage?

Absolutely. Try some Aspall, it's freakin' gorgeous stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement