Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need someone to fit a new wing mirror

Options
  • 30-06-2009 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi. I recently had some little scum bag kick the wing mirror clean off my car. The mirror is in survived but I cant get it to go back on as the cables inside it need to be put back through (its a manual mirror) and there is a piece of the plastic on the inside of the mirror broken so the wing mirror wont clip back on. I tried glueing it back on but it fell off again after a few days and i cant control the mirror. I was wondering if anyone knows anyone that would fix this for me? Its a ford fiesta. I'm assuming if I go to a main ford dealer they will rip me off. Any suggestions anyone? Ps, anyone know how much this kind of job actually costs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Any good body shop should be able to do that in a few minutes. As long as the mirrors working perfectly. You're probably looking at an hours labour.

I can direct you to a good guy in the Tallaght area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Get a new mirror and if you are close to me i will fit it FOC. no more than 15 mins work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Ok I know this is real skin flint stuff, Missus broke mirror off the car fair play she collected up the bits.
    I thought about glueing it. The mirror bit survived.
    In the end I used a soldering Iron to push and heat office staples into the plastic to fuse and reinforce the joint, and using the iron to plastic weld the joins. The plastic will bubble up and the staple will displace the plastic proud of the surface, A quick rub down with ever finer wet and dry paper and the joint can hardly be seen. Sorry I know...... but recessionary times.

So maybe it might be possible to do this with your mirror.

Advertisement