Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT104/DT110 (Auctioneering/Property Economics)

Options
  • 30-06-2009 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi folks!

Just wondering would someone be able to give me a students perspective on these courses as I am really interested in this area and I hope to persue one of the courses, perferablly DT104 when I get my LC results in August!

Also, on a some what releted topic, Ive have heard from a few people that the "craic" in Bolton Street is not the best can any one confirm or refute that claim? :confused:

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

All I know that the lecture room you're going to be in are on the 4th floor of Bolton Street ;)

As far as the craic in Bolton Street is concerned, it is getting better every year. We have crazy golf, bands (maybe even more bands next year), various weird competitions (like beer goggle walking) and also award ceremonies, night outs, etc. What more do you want? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Liverbird09

I loved this course, its really really interesting and the prospects when the market recovers will be very good (ok so they are rubbish at the moment with the recession, but that's temporary).

Great college, loads to do, anyone who says otherwise just needs to expand their mind a bit. You're right in the centre of town and can do whatever you want. If people can't find stuff to do its because they lack imagination!

Best of luck with the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Which course are you gonna go for OP?

Bolton St is a lovely college, it hasnt got a student bar but bodkins across the road is where everybody heads for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

hey!

In the CAO offers I got DT104 (L7) which I am thrilled about however the rents have others ideas ie arts (L8) which I also got (really not feeling the arts course!).

They feel as its L8 its a better course and you can progress onto things easier which is logical however there is no point in doing a course regardless of level if you despise it plus I hated the atmosphere in UCD, DIT is far superior in my view. IMO DIT feels "homely" plus the classes are smaller as opposed to like 500 in UCD also the lecutures in my view will be more obliging to help and they might know your name in comparison to UCD where you are student one billion and three!!

I hope they will come around and I hopefully will be in Bolton Street soon!!

Bolton Street here I come, after much wrangling the parents have finally decieded to let persue my choosen path of becoming involved in the property industry!
    I really can't fudging wait!!!! :L:L:L:L:L:L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

well done mr. helpful!!

Cheers dlambirl,

Now its a question of how many will actually do this course?

Advertisement