Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Standard sized shower trays

Options
  • 30-06-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I am currently getting a new shower installed, however I am having trouble sourcing a shower tray and slider door as the measurements of my en-suite don't conform to the standard manufacturer's sizes. I live in a standard 3-bed semi in Dublin and the dimensions of the en-suite are similar to most other houses. In a nutshell, I'm just looking to see if any Boardsies can point me in the right direction. The ideal measurement will be 1330mm X 800m. The standard seem to be 1200 X 800, but this will leave a big gap. Any suggestions welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

If you use the 1200mmX800mm shower tray, you could possibley use a glass block frame on one side, one block in width and the height of the shower door

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I am currently getting a new shower installed, however I am having trouble sourcing a shower tray and slider door as the measurements of my en-suite don't conform to the standard manufacturer's sizes. I live in a standard 3-bed semi in Dublin and the dimensions of the en-suite are similar to most other houses. In a nutshell, I'm just looking to see if any Boardsies can point me in the right direction. The ideal measurement will be 1330mm X 800m. The standard seem to be 1200 X 800, but this will leave a big gap. Any suggestions welcome...

You can also get a 1400 x 900 and sink it slightly into the wall. Have you considered making a wet room. You do not buy a door till all is done, tiling etc but your right to have a rough idea

Advertisement