Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fight Night Round 4!!!

• 30-06-2009 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭

any thoughts on this game so far??

I absolutely love the game!

graphically brilliant, gameplay is fantastic!

actually in my opinion FNR4 kick the ****e out of ufc!!!:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

I loved round 3 and am getting to grips with the new system at the moment but ya its pretty fantastic alright. However, has anyone else had glitches/problems in Legacy Mode? Fighters dissapearing but the fight continues..sound going? It is pretty bad and cannot be dismissed as a minor bug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

helios12 wrote: »
    I loved round 3 and am getting to grips with the new system at the moment but ya its pretty fantastic alright. However, has anyone else had glitches/problems in Legacy Mode? Fighters dissapearing but the fight continues..sound going? It is pretty bad and cannot be dismissed as a minor bug!
    No such issues here. The only issues that I have is that Total Punch Control is tough on your right thumb. Worst place for a blister ever:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Im finding it ridiculously tough. I had to put it on easy to any wins at all, even in fight now mode on pro diffiuclty i would still lose bouts. And in career mode the training games are so **** that you can end up progressing in legacy mode with woeful stats, and end up losing to scrubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I'm reading more and more on forums about how tough this game is. Check out the PS3 forums where people are not happy with the difficulty involved in training your fighter. I bought this game last Saturday and have not even opened it yet. Am wondering now if I should bring it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

0ubliette wrote: »
    Im finding it ridiculously tough. I had to put it on easy to any wins at all, even in fight now mode on pro diffiuclty i would still lose bouts. And in career mode the training games are so **** that you can end up progressing in legacy mode with woeful stats, and end up losing to scrubs
    remember the best form of attack is defence! block and wait for an opening and then BOOM knock his ass out! also let your oponent punch punch punch all they want block them as their stamina lowers they are open to you opening a can of whoop ass:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Flaccus wrote: »
    I'm reading more and more on forums about how tough this game is. Check out the PS3 forums where people are not happy with the difficulty involved in training your fighter. I bought this game last Saturday and have not even opened it yet. Am wondering now if I should bring it back.
    do yourself a favour and keep it! why do games have to be simple simple for people to play em?? sigh why oh why do i love punching to their eyes;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

God bless the auto train..ye its hard but its better than UFC's training

I returned it and got 4200 points instead :)

I don't mind games that are simple or not simple. I don't like games that are frustrating though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

remember the best form of attack is defence! block and wait for an opening and then BOOM knock his ass out! also let your oponent punch punch punch all they want block them as their stamina lowers they are open to you opening a can of whoop ass:)
    That depends. If you have a tall, weaker boxer, and are fighting a strong shorty, then stay on the outside and jab away. Uppercuts work well when you are tall too, the haymaker version connects easier v. shorter opponents. If you are outreached, then the quote is good advice, but with reach advantage, try to box the jab to decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I returned it and got 4200 points instead :)

I don't mind games that are simple or not simple. I don't like games that are frustrating though.

Shame that you'd give up without even trying. It's a fantastic. There is an Auto Train Feature so if you're finding the training difficult then you can use that to keep you're fighter advancing.

The Training is difficult but that adds the challenge to master the training to get the most out of you're fighter. Training in the previous game was a walk in the park so I appreciate that this training will add longevity to the game. Having said that I often get the least result from my training which leaves me up against much stiffer opponents. I got a title shot last night with the Champ having a rating of 96 vs my 67. I fought to the 9th before succumbing but he was well ahead on points.

It's still one of the most engrossing sports games I've played. Online is great as well cause you can really see different people using different syles. You'll have the Outside fighter, the slugger, The haymaker, The counterpuncher etc. Makes for different and great fights online.

• Advertisement

Probably should have given it a try allright but as a rule I hate sports games and this was impulse buy I reckon (though I did like the demo...except for the controls). I'll wait till I've finished the half a dozen other games I'm into at the minute, and might chance it again at some stage. Of course by then ODST,Wolfenstein,Bioshock2 etc.. will be out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Probably should have given it a try allright but as a rule I hate sports games and this was impulse buy I reckon (though I did like the demo...except for the controls). I'll wait till I've finished the half a dozen other games I'm into at the minute, and might chance it again at some stage. Of course by then ODST,Wolfenstein,Bioshock2 etc.. will be out.

i cant believe you traded it without playing it da058ne252l7kgbetoz.gif

its tough, but it is good!

I returned it to gamestop under their 10 day exchange program. So I didn't actually lose any money on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

I returned it to gamestop under their 10 day exchange program. So I didn't actually lose any money on it.

But you just brought back one of the top titles of the year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Fight Night 4 with The Fallout 3 DLC and Killzone 2 are the only really bright parts of a pretty average first 6 months for game releases in 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Got it 2 days ago, completed Legacy mode last night, retired when got to Goat , beat Tyson and Ali todayon Goat as well.Actually a fairly easy game offline, went online and got pissed off instantly.Had 2 good fights but then every one I played against just kept spamming the body shots, ruined it for me but then again I'm learning this year that the olde fight games no matter how good they are lose their appeal online when you end up playing against a bunch of *****.Got pissed off with UFC online and traded it in but I have to say I think there is far more playability in the UFC game offline than FN4.
    Dont get me wrong both are good games but I think that UFC takes alot more skill and offers a bit more of a challenge.Have to say though that I think the download a boxer option is great, favourite characters so far are Hitler, Jason and Harvey Dent.If you could do this on UFC I think I might have kept it but more than likely when the patch for UFC comes out I'll end up buying it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I tried the demo but the controls via the right stick are devilish sometimes, if a patch comes for Button Punch Control, i may be interested again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    I tried the demo but the controls via the right stick are devilish sometimes, if a patch comes for Button Punch Control, i may be interested again...

http://kotaku.com/5309408/ea-announces-fight-night-round-4-dlc-button-controls-slated-for-september

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

nice, and the game will be a lot cheaper then too. may look into a cheap copy of FN Round 3, didnt know that had button controls as well.

Advertisement