Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how is the compensated thing work?

• 30-06-2009 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

in sem 1, 1 module got 33%
    in sem 2, 1 module got 31%

will i need to do the exam in August?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Has to be 35% or higher for a start.

Then atleast 40 out of 60 credits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

well i pass the rest...got 50 crd...

so...i am safe to goto second year?

btw do you know how much is the fee for doing the exam in August?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

yy885 wrote: »
    well i pass the rest...got 50 crd...

so...i am safe to goto second year?

btw do you know how much is the fee for doing the exam in August?

Best thing to do is email your head of department. They will know straight off if you got comp or not. Its 50e or 100e per exam i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

If you get anything below 35% your forfeit ALL compensation on ALL exams.

Example:

Scenario A: John got 38% in one exam, and 39% in another. He CAN can compensate BOTH provided he has sufficient results in the other.

Scenario B: John got 33% in one exam, and 39% in another. He CAN'T compensate EITHER and must repeat ALL his failed exams.

So in your case, YES, you must repeat BOTH exams. And with regards to your question re credits. You need ALL your credits to progress. If your course has a total of 60 credits, then you need 60 credits to progress. Not 50, not 55 - 60. You need 100% of the credits. Dr Morphine is wrong to tell you that you only need 40 out of 60. If we could all fail that much they might as well hand out qualifications with coffee in Gala. As your a first year, they may let you take the module in 2nd year.

Can I ask what course you're in?

Can I ask what course you're in?
    I pm'ed you :)

damn it i need 2 more % to do the compensate on the sem1 :(

seems like there is no hope on the compensate thing:(

btw

if i got 33% on the last exam, and will be doing the WRITING exam in August.
    how many % do i need to get in August to get the crd?
    7% or 40%?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭dahamster

I pm'ed you :)

how many % do i need to get in August to get the crd?
    7% or 40%?

jesus!

my final mark was 33%. will that mark count in the August exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭dahamster

my final mark was 33%. will that mark count in the August exam?

No, you need 40% to pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

You need 40% to pass. Obviously. The other results are disregarded for the repeat. You sit that exam and have to get 40% in it. (Unless the subject is a 100% CA module. Fail one of them and you're goosed.)

Seriously yy885, you're working toward a third level degree; they can't just hand them out. If you failed two, both well below the passing grade, well then you've got no one to blame but yourself. Work hard and pass the repeats. That's just how it is. Forget discussing it with us here - just go and study!!

Advertisement