Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A+ essentials

Options
  • 30-06-2009 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Yesterday I failed the A+ essentials exam, I got 690 and I needed 700 to pass. I'm not supid and I studied hard for it but a lot of the questions were stuff we never covered on the course. Does anyone know if it can be rechecked or appealed, I dont mind doing it again but pissed off about paying another €230.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

People underestimate this exam, there is alot of material to cover and each book covers something that the other one doesn't, go back over the areas that you were weak on and you will get it next time around, as for the recheck I don't think so, a machine corrects the exam!

I'm doing it on the 4th Sept :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 D303

stuff we never covered on the course.

I did the exams recently and passed both and nobody i know that did it said stuff we didnt cover came up. If you didnt cover it you should asking your course, wherever you did it, why these parts your talking about weren't covered.
    The best way i found myself for studying for it was to do practice exams, the likes of preplogic (which was prob the best because it gave great detailed explanations for answers and also exlains why the wrong answers are wrong to the question)
    But the practice test which was most like the real exam was from topcerts.com. If you just want to pass use this one but if you want to learn more on your own use the preplogic.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 D303

I did the exams recently and passed both and nobody i know that did it said stuff we didnt cover came up. If you didnt cover it you should asking your course, wherever you did it, why these parts your talking about weren't covered.
    The best way i found myself for studying for it was to do practice exams, the likes of preplogic (which was prob the best because it gave great detailed explanations for answers and also exlains why the wrong answers are wrong to the question)
    But the practice test which was most like the real exam was from topcerts.com. If you just want to pass use this one but if you want to learn more on your own use the preplogic.

Good luck.

Advertisement