Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Malfunction Indicator Lamp

• 30-06-2009 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I too have this MIL symbol showing, had a mechanic repair, however, a couple of weeks later the symbol returned, don't want to pay more money again. my Car is 04 D4D model

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved to it's own thread.
    OP try not to dig up year old threads, just start your own.
    Thanks,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I too have this MIL symbol showing, had a mechanic repair, however, a couple of weeks later the symbol returned, don't want to pay more money again. my Car is 04 D4D model

Did they actually use the computer to determine what was causing the light to come on? did they change any parts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It's a warning about the Mother-In-Law approaching. Smart cars, these Toyotas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

You can buy a reader over the net for about 80 Euros, which plugs into your cars obd socket. The amber engine shaped light relates only to engine emmision problems. The reader will only point you in the direction of the problem.

My check engine light came up and the reader pointed me towards the rear o2 sensor. I replaced the sensor, and the reader reset my MIL. The car will generaly seem to run fine as the onboard computer can compensate for the loss of a sensor. ( Open Loop mode ) However the cars mpg was way down and the engine being overfuelled was probably dumping unburned petrol into the cat.

Just as an aside Europe is working on a system where cars ( new generation equiped with the technology) with the MIL on will be sensed and photographed by overhead gantries Summonses will be issued automaticaly for emmision breaches. Oh those greenies.

Advertisement