Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

University day 20th june

• 30-06-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi

Was anyone here at the university day, the 20th of june? I was there. Liked it pretty much, I went to politics, social science, psychology, finance and economics and the accomodation tour (may have forgotten one).

Just wanted to know what you thought about it:)

/John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

yeah I was there, I was so happy with it because I was worried I wouldn't like it. Went to sociology(I was alone and had nothing to do), english, meet the students and campus tour. I really liked the campus and nothing went on fire like the open day so it's all good :). english lecturer was gas.

So many bridges though :( I have vertigo!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Okey, I may have seen you - I was at sociology too (social science) as I mentioned. That lecture wasn't very good - too much about the subject, too little about the program and what you will work as after graduating from it (the correct answer is; you'll be unemployed;)).

I liked Psychology the most, but that's not what I'm gonna do. I'm going to do Finance and economics, simply because it's my thing. I liked the lecturer pretty much, but I wished he had had better answers to my questions about the current recession (yes, the guy who asked questions - that's me:)).

I knew I was admitted even before I went to the open day (but I didn't knew it when I travelled to Ireland the wednesday before), but I still found it a very useful experience.

I wish they had shown us more than just a Rye apartment thought. I really wanted to know if the walls in River are as thin as they say.

/John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Haha! Believe me, they are! :D

Okey... Too bad I made it my first choice then. A single in River;) Poor little me...

Honestly, from what I have heard, you're accomodation isn't very good overall:( Rooms in Rye are small and... well, those people who say Rye looks like a prison have a point;) Village, didn't see, but haven't heard anything positive about it... bad internet connection, right?

As a Swede I'm supposed to be a viking, I can stand a little bit of cold;) You get like 10 degrees during the winter. That's what we call summer in Sweden:P

/John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Oh dont worry. I've never actually stayed on campus full time, but i've had my random night. The best thing about river is the en suite and the size of the rooms. Personally, they'd be my favourite.

• Advertisement

Oh, thanks for calming me down:) Have you had any random nights in Village? What about that place, I'm curious:)

Btw, the reason why I got to know so early that I was admitted was because they've never (I think) had a Swedish student before, didn't know how to translate the grades really, and told me I could send my grades both to them and to the CAO, and I would get an early evaluation. So, two weeks ago I got to know I'm admitted. Not an official offer of course, just an email from the admission's office confirming it:)

/John

Advertisement