Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Shows

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 audrena

completely addicted to a series called supernatural, they are on their fourth series and a good watch...oh and its harpers island thats on at the mo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

audrena wrote: »
    completely addicted to a series called supernatural, they are on their fourth series and a good watch...oh and its harpers island thats on at the mo. :)

I thought you where about to say The Hills :D

Thank god you didnt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 audrena

donmeister wrote: »
    I thought you where about to say The Hills :D

Thank god you didnt!
    dear god id lose brain cells just saying that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I have a good few boxests now, so I'll have plenty of TV to keep me going over the summer. :)

So far I own:

3 seasons of Arrested Development (quite possibly the best TV show ever made! :D)
    4 seasons of Family Guy
    4 seasons of The Sopranos
    5 seasons of Shameless
    3 seasons of Black Books
    2 seasons of Futurama
    1 season of Skins

I also got 1 season of The Wire and 1 season of Six Feet Under to check out: haven't watched them yet but both are meant to be brilliant.

My sister has all the seasons of The West Wing and most seasons of House so I can watch them too. :D

I'm considering buying the IT Crowd, Scrubs and The Big Bang Theory. I've never seen Peep Show but I'll watch it sometime: anything with David Mitchell is bound to be good.

EDIT: Oh, I also have 3 seasons of QI. Can't believe I forgot to mention them earlier. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I'm watching a lot these days cos I've nothing else to do. I'm watching:

Chuck (half way through season 1 and love it)
    CSI (Watching Series 9 but It's not the same without Grissom, also watching Series 7/8)
    The Mentalist (I love it, great new Series)
    Breaking Bad (Only really started to watch it the other night on FX and really like it)
    Scrubs (Watching Series 8 and the old Series)
    30 Rock (The more I watch it the more I hate it, seriously why is it so popular?)
    The Office (Possible one of the greatest comedies, I absolutely love it)
    Two and a Half Men (I mainly watch this when nothing else is on, not a bad comedy)
    Harper's Island (Doesn't really seem to be too popular but keeps me entertained on a Monday night)
    House (Watching Series 5 on Sky, very good show)

I really want to start watching Dexter cos of all the good things I've heard about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

Science fiction such as BattleStar Galactica and the Stargate franchise.

Band of Brother at least once a year

Drama shows like Dexter, Sopranos, the Wire

Entourage and Flight of the Conchords

Also How I met your mother, but that has gone down hill in recent seasons, as seen in the following crude representation

\
    .\ how
    ..\ I
    ...\ met
    ....\ Your
    .....\ Mother
    Hill..\
    .......\
    ........\
    .........\

I have a good few boxests now, so I'll have plenty of TV to keep me going over the summer. :)

So far I own:

3 seasons of Arrested Development (quite possibly the best TV show ever made! :D)
    4 seasons of Family Guy
    4 seasons of The Sopranos
    5 seasons of Shameless
    3 seasons of Black Books
    2 seasons of Futurama
    1 season of Skins

I also got 1 season of The Wire and 1 season of Six Feet Under to check out: haven't watched them yet but both are meant to be brilliant.

My sister has all the seasons of The West Wing and most seasons of House so I can watch them too. :D

I'm considering buying the IT Crowd, Scrubs and The Big Bang Theory. I've never seen Peep Show but I'll watch it sometime: anything with David Mitchell is bound to be good.
    I really wouldn't recommend buying the Big Band Theory, well not series 2 anyway. I thought series 1 was watchable but series 2 is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Dman001 wrote: »
    I really wouldn't recommend buying the Big Band Theory, well not series 2 anyway. I thought series 1 was watchable but series 2 is terrible.

I've seen a few episodes on E4/Channel 4 and it is hit and miss but some of the lines in it are brilliant! Sheldon = Legend! :pac::D

I've seen a few episodes on E4/Channel 4 and it is hit and miss but some of the lines in it are brilliant! Sheldon = Legend! :pac::D
    You see I thought the same in Series 1 that Sheldon was a really funny character, but then in Series 2 his joke got old and annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Napoli

Start off with season one of the Sopranos. It's such a compelling drama yet it has its comedy dark comedy moments. The show has won countless awards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im going to sound like a telly-addict but i swear im not sorta....
    father ted
    it crowd
    how i met your mother
    big bang theory.... sheldon omg lol :D
    skins
    scrubs
    greys anatomy
    peep show
    my name is earl

dexter is alright ive watched it a good few times oooooooh i LOVE Ellen degeneres chat show and Law and order SVU and House!!!

ok i think i have a telly addiction :( oh dear!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Stev_o wrote: »
    The Wire

Nuff said best tv series ever.
    It's pretty awesome alright! I wish I was just starting out again. I might watch it again over Christmas.
    The West Wing is fantastic.
    Can't disagree with that. Never gets old. Never.
    Napoli wrote: »
    Start off with season one of the Sopranos. It's such a compelling drama yet it has its comedy dark comedy moments. The show has won countless awards.
    A lot! The Sopranos has probably made me genuinely laugh out loud more than any comedy I've ever watched. It's a phenomenal show. I disagree with people who say the Wire is the greatest show ever. The Sopranos is easily as good.

I watched Deadwood seaon 1 during Christmas but didn't get 2 and 3 due to the leavin ****e. I think it's about time I sat down with some thai sweet chiili crisps and a cup of tea and get hooked on this bad boy once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Ahh, ive great plans for watching stuff this summer :D Missed too much during the year :(

Scrubs...only seen bits and pieces of the last series, didnt see the end either but i have an inability to ignore spoilers so i kinda know whats coming :o

House...if its anything hospital-y, im sure to like it :p

Lost...might go back and watch it from the start again, was only watching the last series just cos i couldnt bear to not know how its gunna finish, but its gotten kinda good again...

Greys Anatomy...might watch it all again, just cos i love it so much :D

Possibly start watching Peep Show, Family Guy (have the boxsets, never got around to it), and a few more...ooh, and skins, really wanna start watching that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

I find Family guy DVD's are keeping me sane atm.Does anyone know if season 7 is the most recent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I find Family guy DVD's are keeping me sane atm.Does anyone know if season 7 is the most recent?

I think they've shown an 8th season but afaik its not out on dvd yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

How I Met Your Mother
    House
    CSI
    Big Bang Theory
    Inbetweeners (hit and miss)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Nothing beats watching classic episodes of The O.C. or One Tree Hill till 5am..

cork*girl wrote: »
    Nothing beats watching classic episodes of The O.C. or One Tree Hill till 5am..
    hahaha

I'll admit I like the classic eps but I couldn't watch a season straight through!

Edit: Compulsory *Chad Michael Murray is dreamy* sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Chuck (Series 2 currently showing every Tuesday night on Virgin1) and The Inbetweeners is all you need for a good laugh during the wet summers evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Started the summer watching season one of Dexter but now that I've finished that I've nothing to watch whatsoever...

I have the first Oz season, which is great, but not sure I wanna watch it again without being able to watch the next season anytime soon.

Ha, just remembered I have the second season of I'm Alan Partridge - jurassic park :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

If you decide you want a good laugh then I'd definitely recommend Coupling. Its feckin hilarious! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Monzo wrote: »
    Started the summer watching season one of Dexter but now that I've finished that I've nothing to watch whatsoever...
    Might I recommend seasons 2 and 3 of Dexter? Just saying.

And don't give me the "But I only have the first season", you're on the internet, I'm sure you can find a way to watch the others :P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Considering I have a quite crappy dial-up connection (with limited net usage), Pygmalion, it's out of the question. :(

(Would I be able to watch it in an internet cafe or would they have filters against that kind of thing?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I have a few more episodes of House season 5 and Breaking Bad season 2 to watch. This summer I want to watch a load of new series like gossip girl, dollhouse and season 1 of the big bang theory.

I'd recommend a 3 part series called the Lost Room, it's really really good, I almost watched all three episodes (90 mins each) in a row, they're so addictive, it's a great story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Monzo wrote: »
    (Would I be able to watch it in an internet cafe or would they have filters against that kind of thing?)
    You probably could, depends on what site you watch it, but really it'd probably be cheaper to buy a box set than pay internet café prices, assuming the box set isn't ridiculously expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

Has anyone here seen Twin Peaks?, I'm considering buying the boxset to keep me going until Lost comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

New season of Law and Order SVU is excellent, love that show so much! Also been watching a lot of South Park, X Files and (so ashamed to say this) America's Next Top Model...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The Wire is simply the greatest show ever. Even if you just watch it to see Omar it's worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

I'd really reccomend Hill street Blues . . .
    It might be a bit dated being an 80s drama,but it is one of the best shows of all time . . . . During its seven years it was nominated for something like 100 Emmys!:eek:
    It's a really enjoyable step back into the harshness of the toughest parts of 1980s Chicago/Detroit . . .
    i used to watch it all the time on 4oD until they took that away from me:mad:
    But seasons 1 and 2 are available on DVD

• Advertisement

HSBs^ I have that on box set here actually. My dad bought it a while back, says it's very good alright. Some mad characters in it I hear. I'll take a look over the weekend and report back.

Advertisement