Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Shows

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Yeah ya won't regret it.I'd love to see feedback from someone my age:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

If you missed Torchwood this week you should get Children of Earth when it comes out on DVD. It was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I dont watch anything except The Wire.
    Its fucking unreal.

EDIT:Its not as good as Band Of Brothers,now that was a tv show!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I dont watch anything except The Wire.
    Its fucking unreal.

EDIT:Its not as good as Band Of Brothers,now that was a tv show!

See told you it was beyond awesome. I don't lie!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Stev_o wrote: »
    See told you it was beyond awesome. I don't lie!:pac:
    THATS A LIE:pac:

But you were right EVERY episode is perfect!!

• Advertisement

THATS A LIE:pac:

But you were right EVERY episode is perfect!!

Yup Jimmy "Ill f*ck everything that moves" MacNulty is a hero. Bunk is da man (spelling intended) then Lester is just mega awesome.

What Series/Episode you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I've gotten through all of Mad Men so far this summer, seriously considering watching every episode of the Sopranos as a sort of project (oooh unemployment how you alter reality), might try and get through dexter first though. BTW Mad Men is excellent

I've gotten through all of Mad Men so far this summer, seriously considering watching every episode of the Sopranos as a sort of project (oooh unemployment how you alter reality), might try and get through dexter first though. BTW Mad Men is excellent

NO! Watch The Wire instead, a million times better and it's..............just ****ing awesome. Watch it now! The power of unemployment compels thee!

NO! Watch The Wire instead, a million times better and it's..............just ****ing awesome. Watch it now! The power of unemployment compels thee!

No I'm being retro and non-conformist, take that society

No I'm being retro and non-conformist, take that society

So your going to watch the Soprano's :p Cause that makes sense ^^

• Advertisement

So your going to watch the Soprano's :p Cause that makes sense ^^

Hellz yeah, not like all the sheeple watching the wire :P na it's just there's almost twenty more episodes of the sopranos and I need to do something epic. I've seen every episode of family guy and most of south park, so Sopranos is the logical next step. See, makes perfect sense

Hellz yeah, not like all the sheeple watching the wire :P na it's just there's almost twenty more episodes of the sopranos and I need to do something epic. I've seen every episode of family guy and most of south park, so Sopranos is the logical next step. See, makes perfect sense

Comedy, comedy, SERIOUS DRAMA. I see it is a natural transition!

Come on several Irish references aswell, plus a lead character who's a hilarious alcoholic

Not to mention Irish drinking song sung by a mixed crowd :p

sure I'll get around to it sometime :P I'm adopting a very quantitative approach to TV series you see, the twenty extra episodes of soranos is a serious plus. Are you sponsored by the wire btw?

sure I'll get around to it sometime :P I'm adopting a very quantitative approach to TV series you see, the twenty extra episodes of soranos is a serious plus. Are you sponsored by the wire btw?

I wish ;)

It's just such a awesome tv show should not be neglected the youth of today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Recently, I've really gotten into Futurama. Never watched it when it was new on TV but bought the first series and really liked it. Now on the second series and loving it.
    TheManWho wrote: »
    Has anyone here seen Twin Peaks?, I'm considering buying the boxset to keep me going until Lost comes back.
    I've been thinking about Twin Peaks too. It's very intriguing

Sopranos is pretty awesome.

As for The Wire, I did buy the first series but haven't watched it yet.

Recently, I've really gotten into Futurama. Never watched it when it was new on TV but bought the first series and really liked it. Now on the second series and loving it.

].

One of the most under rated shows ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I started watching season 2 of Veronica Mars while in France so I'm watching season 1 online now and hopefully I can download season 3.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Has anyone else here ever watched Cracker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

An File wrote: »
    Has anyone else here ever watched Cracker?
    Yeah, good show.

Cracking performance from Robbie Coltrane. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Piste wrote: »
    I started watching season 2 of Veronica Mars while in France so I'm watching season 1 online now and hopefully I can download season 3.

That used to be on RTE in the mornings - only saw a few episodes but it was refreshingly entertaining.

Cracker always lived up to its title. Coltrane is ace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Downloading the inbetweeners after watching an episode earlier on TV and laughing my ass off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Watched the pilot of Mad Men and really enjoyed it. Think I'll have to buy the boxset.

All this talk of Twin Peaks made me Google it and it sounds good. Another boxset I might have to buy.

I really want to get into The Sopranos and The Wire too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Fair city and Harpers Island like!
    Although, I am fairly limited to tv shows without sky :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Finished Battlestar Galactica the other night, loved the ending. Can't wait for "The Plan" now.

Have moved on to The Wire now. I watched the first few episodes but I'm finding it's moving very slow, though I'm sure it will pick up, judging by everything I've heard about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Just finished season one of The Wire. What a show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Monzo wrote: »
    Just finished season one of The Wire. What a show.

Same here, I've moved on to season two now, looking good so far.

Luckily I've a mate with all the boxsets so I can just watch it the whole way through :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

House
    The Inbetweeners
    Skins
    The Big Bang Theory
    Mock The Week

And ones I'm ashamed to like:

One Tree Hill

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭victoriaa

Weeds (don't know if I will continue to watch it. Too much "telenovela" action going on)
    QI (currently season 3)
    And of course the guilty pleasure - 10 things I hate about you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Good news everyone! Futurama's coming back in 2010 with 26 new episodes. Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

The Inbetweeners
    Two and a Half Men
    Rules of Engagement
    Everybody Hates Chris
    Scrubs
    South Park
    Family Guy (although it's abit hit and miss)
    Simpsons (old eps)
    Beginning to like the stand-up they have on Comedy Central
    Air Crash Investigation
    Deadliest Catch
    The Garage
    Mythbusters

Can't believe they cancelled Futurama in the first place. It's hilarious! They should cancel the Simpsons (actually, should've done it long ago, all the new eps after like...2004/05 are very hit and miss...mostly miss) and keep Futurama going. Only reason I don't watch it is because I've seen all the episodes 30 times.

Advertisement