Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Shows

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Same here, I've moved on to season two now, looking good so far.

Luckily I've a mate with all the boxsets so I can just watch it the whole way through :)

Thought I was in the same position but nope. :(

Gonna have to check Chartbusters or Extravision to see if I can rent them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

jumpguy wrote: »
    Can't believe they cancelled Futurama in the first place. It's hilarious! They should cancel the Simpsons (actually, should've done it long ago, all the new eps after like...2004/05 are very hit and miss...mostly miss) and keep Futurama going. Only reason I don't watch it is because I've seen all the episodes 30 times.

I think we can all agree that it's best to pretend that The Simpsons ceased production some years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

The American version of The Office is absolutely brilliant!!Its the only good comedy show on during the daytime nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that it's best to pretend that The Simpsons ceased production some years ago.
    True. It's like they're painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The American version of The Office is absolutely brilliant!!Its the only good comedy show on during the daytime nowadays.
    Yeah the Office is awsome. What channel are you watching it on that its on during the day. On 3e it's on about 11ish and on Comedy Central its on about 10.

• Advertisement

Dman001 wrote: »
    Yeah the Office is awsome. What channel are you watching it on that its on during the day. On 3e it's on about 11ish and on Comedy Central its on about 10.
    On Comedy Central its always on during the day.On Sunday they had The Office marathon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Yeah I saw the marathon, it was great to catch up on Season 3 episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I've just started watching Six Feet Under. Bought the first season ages ago but only bothered to watch it now.

After 8 episodes, all I can say is I wish I'd discovered it sooner; it's excellent so far. Not exactly the most believable show ever (Brenda's a great character but a bit too eccentric) but I love the morbid, black humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cobrastarship

got lost s1 and s2 there in the weak for 40 euros **** i dont no whats goimng on in them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

jumpguy wrote: »
    Can't believe they cancelled Futurama in the first place. It's hilarious! They should cancel the Simpsons (actually, should've done it long ago, all the new eps after like...2004/05 are very hit and miss...mostly miss) and keep Futurama going. Only reason I don't watch it is because I've seen all the episodes 30 times.

I haven't watched a new episode of the Simpsons in about 3 years. It means I can pretend it's still the best cartoon ever. Futurama will never get the kind of ratings the Simpsons did though. I picked up all 4 seasons of Futurama for 40 euro a couple of years back. Best value purchase ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Criminal Minds, I watched all 91 episodes in about 12 days :o

What are yer thoughts on The Unit? I want to know if I should start watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

I haven't watched a new episode of the Simpsons in about 3 years. It means I can pretend it's still the best cartoon ever. Futurama will never get the kind of ratings the Simpsons did though. I picked up all 4 seasons of Futurama for 40 euro a couple of years back. Best value purchase ever!

You would be lucky to find two of them for that normally. (Maybe it went down in the last while though?)

Anyway, I don't really watch tv anymore so I normally watch shows on the internet. Since I get to pick them, I usually just choose documentaries or TED talks.

I have the Band of Brothers series and Spielbergs Taken downloaded though, so hopefully I'll get to watch those soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭madheaded

I can't believe no one mentioned that 70s show i think it's class only got back into it after finding it last month no mtvR. South park, family guy(not too sure lately though), futurama, everybody hates chris, the office(american version with steve carrell a.k.a brick from Anchorman), mythbusters, deadliest catch, malcolm in the middle, big bang theory, lost, live at the apollo, have i got news for you, mock the week are all class aswel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 LumpyChicken

Blackadder.
    House M.D.
    Two And A Half Men.
    Fraiser.
    King Of Queens.
    Only Fools And Horses.
    QI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

HOUSE md
    Family Guy

2 classics, like porsches they never go out of style!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

sugar rush
    the l word
    family guy
    friends
    sex and the city
    dawsons creek, lol
    charmed
    futurama
    the simpsons
    will and grace

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

Family Guy
    Desperate Housewives
    Gossip Girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I've just discovered how good Two and a Half Men is. How have I not started watching it before now? :D

^Great show. The women in it are always f*cking amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 lendrew1

Lost
    Family Guy
    The Inbetweeners
    Top Gear
    Scrubs

They have all taken over my summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Saw The Inbetweeners on the plane last week, so have now finished watching the two series, really like it, good fun, although pity it always goes the same way.

Curb You Enthusiasm...how hasn't it been mentioned? Its quality. Larry David, even the thought of him, always makes me laugh. Can make any situation turn into social awkwardness of the highest order, and its hilarious.

The Simpsons, seasons 3-10...yeah, nothing on tv can beat these. Cleverly funny, just sheer genius. And watching back, as you get older, I find I laugh more at different parts.

Mushy wrote: »
    Saw The Inbetweeners on the plane last week, so have now finished watching the two series, really like it, good fun, although pity it always goes the same way.

Curb You Enthusiasm...how hasn't it been mentioned? Its quality. Larry David, even the thought of him, always makes me laugh. Can make any situation turn into social awkwardness of the highest order, and its hilarious.

The Simpsons, seasons 3-10...yeah, nothing on tv can beat these. Cleverly funny, just sheer genius. And watching back, as you get older, I find I laugh more at different parts.
    The best thing about that show is,its not ever actually his fault,shit just happens to him lol
    ''Beloved Cunt'':pac:

The best thing about that show is,its not ever actually his fault,shit just happens to him lol
    ''Beloved Cunt'':pac:

YES! Pure quality...gonna watch loads more this week...no money to leave the house so!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The Office US.

Big Brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Mushy wrote: »

Used to love watching that. Now I don't have Sky so it's been ages since I've seen it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

I've just discovered how good Two and a Half Men is. How have I not started watching it before now? :D
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    ^Great show. The women in it are always f*cking amazing.

Am I the only one that thinks it's really repetitive?

True that the women are pretty nice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Futurism wrote: »

I've only just started watching, so gimme a few weeks and I'll tell you then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Futurism wrote: »

True that the women are pretty nice though.

There's some great, hilarious episodes but sometimes it can go the whole 30 minutes without anything that makes me laugh. Guess it relies on the whole "Oh Charlie you whore" thing too much..

• Advertisement

Ok, so not quite a tv show, ut will be released here on dvd in september. Another idea from seth McFalane.

All I know is that I find it quite funny. Prob get it from America on dvd sooner rather than wait. Also, Life & Times of Tim is quite funny too.

Advertisement