Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Shows

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

6 seasons The Sopranos + the final episodes box

I seriously love you now. The Sopranos is amazing, IMHO (which counts for everything) it is easily the greatest story ever told in a tv series. Truly epic stuff. I gots all teh box sets for it, cost me a stupid amount of money to buy them all but it was totally worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

2 series MadMen
    4 seasons The Wire (missing season 5)
    4 seasons Six Feet Under (missing season 4)

These any good?
    Need a new hard drive soon and once I get it I'll be downloading TV shows like no-ones business (For about a day, when I realise I can't watch them quick enough and might as well leave it for a while)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

phlegms wrote: »
    I obsessively watch "Come Dine With Me". I seriously cant get bored of that show. In fact, cooking shows in general I get slightly obsessive about :o

+1
    Especially love Hell's Kitchen, nothing like watching Gordon Ramsey crushing the dreams of others, while nearly giving himself a stroke in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

30 Rock is indeed fantastic; I <3 Tina Fey (as I've mentioned a lot on boards in the past few weeks! :o)

Got a load of DVD boxsets for Christmas; very happy indeed! My full TV collection so far:
    3 seasons Arrested Development
    3 seasons Black Books
    3 seasons The IT Crowd
    2 seasons 30 Rock
    6 seasons Shameless
    2 series MadMen
    7 seasons The West Wing
    2 seasons Skins
    3 seasons Futurama (so far)
    3 series QI (so far)
    Also really want to get the first season of True Blood.

wow you have really good taste in tv shows! (in my opinion anyway)
    i love all the shows that you have written(that i have seen) and the ones i haven't saw i want to see.

that last sentence doesn't really make sense but i don't know how else to phrase it so i'll leave it be:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Pygmalion wrote: »
    These any good?
    Need a new hard drive soon and once I get it I'll be downloading TV shows like no-ones business (For about a day, when I realise I can't watch them quick enough and might as well leave it for a while)

The Wire is brilliant would also recommend Generation Kill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

+1 on The Wire. Absolutely loved it.

The first series is a bit slow, but stick with it, it gets so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Just saw an ad on RTE for a show next week called Stone Cold Sober. It's a reality show where a few lads go off alcohol for 6 months. That's where our TV licence money goes. Ridiculous.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It can't be any worse that more Podge and Rodge. UGH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

30 Rock is indeed fantastic; I <3 Tina Fey (as I've mentioned a lot on boards in the past few weeks! :o)

Got a load of DVD boxsets for Christmas; very happy indeed! My full TV collection so far:
    3 seasons Arrested Development
    3 seasons Black Books
    3 seasons The IT Crowd
    2 seasons 30 Rock
    6 seasons Shameless
    2 series MadMen
    7 seasons The West Wing
    2 seasons Skins
    3 seasons Futurama (so far)
    3 series QI (so far)
    Also really want to get the first season of True Blood.

That's awesome! So much there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Finished watching season one of Oz a few minutes ago (for the second time). Can't wait to see what the second season will be like (I'll probably watch half the season tomorrow like I did today. Marathons ftw (Y).).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm in one of my Peep Show phases, it's scandalous how much I'd abandoned it for the past few months. Stupid shorts series...
    Also, bought series 1 & 2 of the Inbetweeners today for 15 euro, not too shabby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Namlub wrote: »
    Also, bought series 1 & 2 of the Inbetweeners today for 15 euro, not too shabby.

A great show! I watched all of the episodes in 2 days over christmas :D And extremely annoyed my brother by saying "Friend! Football friend!" to him the whole time.

I have recently discovered that The Office (the original one) is my favourite tv show ever <3

Also have any other C&H people watched Garth Marenghi's Darkplace? I can't be the only fan! It's so funny, even the theme tune is class :pac:

I much prefer the US office to the original version. Hope I'm not alone in this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I much prefer the US office to the original version. Hope I'm not alone in this..
    I haven't really watched the US version I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of Steve Carell. He just annoys me for some reason.

This thread (and the quotes one too) has made me realise I need to watch more Peep Show and Alan Partridge. Which can only be a good thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Jay P wrote: »
    That's awesome! So much there...
    wow you have really good taste in tv shows! (in my opinion anyway)
    i love all the shows that you have written(that i have seen) and the ones i haven't saw i want to see.

Cheers. :) Forgot to mention I also have both seasons of Flight of The Conchords. They're currently on indefinite loan to my sister.
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    These any good?

If they weren't good, I wouldn't have bothered getting them! :p
    Yup, I'd recommend all of them. The Wire and Mad Men are somewhat slow burning at the start but well worth perservering with.

If you like offbeat drama with black comedy and some surrealism, definitely watch Six Feet Under. One of my all time favourite shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Cheers. :) Forgot to mention I also have both seasons of Flight of The Conchords. They're currently on indefinite loan to my sister.

I got that too and started watching it last night, which is why I came onto this thread just now. It's excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Watching FlashForward. It's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Watching Vampire Diaries at the moment. It's not bad really. Very twilight, with so much 'bleh'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Just watched the whole of season one of The IT Crowd, and have episodes 3 and 4 of Glee all loaded up on my computer and ready to go :)

• Advertisement

I need to get myself to xtravision as the boxsets of Curb Your Enthusiasm have apparently dropped to about a fiver each. If only I wasn't snowed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

^Cheap Curb! Must get.

Here is a clip that shows everything you will ever love or hate about Glee. It's of the macho school football team sacrificing their cred during a game to perform an intricate dance to Beyoncé's Single Ladies, thereby distracting and befuddling their opponents sufficiently to allow them to score a touchdown, or whateverthef*ck.

It's my new favourite thing ever: youtube vids are all kind of crappy quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

I am shocked only one person has mentioned Entourage, Ari Gold and Drama are the two greatest characters of all time.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    ^Cheap Curb! Must get.

I dunno if it's a nationwide offer (unless you were planning on making the trek to Letterkenny to fetch it).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I've been watching a load of Glee over Christmas. I wish my school had had a glee club, I would have been so into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Got the boxset of Band Of Brothers off a friend

<3<3<3

Cant wait for the latest mini-series from the Band of Brothers dudes to come out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Cant wait for the latest mini-series from the Band of Brothers dudes to come out!

* salivates*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Piste wrote: »
    I've been watching a load of Glee over Christmas. I wish my school had had a glee club, I would have been so into it!

I don't even sing but after watching that show i wish my school had a glee club too!
    glee is my current obsession at the moment :o
    i thought this show would be like high school musical and i would hate it but it really isn't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement