Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in Skerries

Options
  • 01-07-2009 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Myself and a few of the lads're doing a trip around Ireland on bikes and camping for as much as possible, but as a dry run, we were thinking of heading off somewhere on Friday after work to test the bikes and gear.

Ideally we want somewhere between 30 and 50km from Dublin as we're leaving around 4pm so can't go too far but want to go far enough to stretch the legs and the bikes a little, so Skerries looked good, but there's no sites available. Could we just pitch a tent on the beach? We're not going down to get twisted drunk or anything, literally just to do a test run of the gear, have a few pints and come home the next day. One of the lads is only very new to cycling, so we really can't go too far.

Skerries seems good. Another option was Blesington as it doesn't seem to be too hilly to get to (am I wrong there?!) but there doesn't seem to be any campsites there. Could we just pitch a tent away from the locals?

BTW: I've never camped before, ever, so forgive any ignorance! :p

Advertisement