Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreambox and Sky's red button.

• 01-07-2009 2:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anyway you can access Sky's red button features on a Dreambox (got a 600 if that matters).

I've been trying to use the Sky News red button feature as well as the BBC's but i can't get it to work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No it won't work.
    It's a proprietary "OpenTV" application. "Interactive" only works on a real skybox

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

think u get the streams on your dreambox they show up as data channels and u have to convert them using dreambox edit or some program. this is from memory but it can be done definitely the streams from bbc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The video streams automatically appear as TV channels. But there is no menu.

No red button, no indication as to content till you select the channel. This is true of any non-Sky satellite receiver. Some of the video for interactive content is 2, 3, 4 or 6 windows tiled in a single video frame. The aspect ratio may be abnormal, so even if you have a Zoom feature you have a distored picture. You can't get at the text either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm watching the DFB Pokal(German Cup) of Sky Sport Germany and they are offering 6 games, before the coverage started they showed something similar to what happens on sky UK where it has the tiled display to select a game, but i hit the green button on the dreambox and it brought up the multiple services page which listed all the games available!

Some hope that it will work with the new american football season maybe?

Advertisement