Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time job

Options
  • 01-07-2009 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Maybe a shot in the dark here with the state of things but would anyone know of any jobs goin. anything considered really ta make a few euro;)
    Thanks
    ps. sligo town or south county sligo preferably

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

Would it be worth starting a Businesses Hiring In Sligo thread? Kind of a positive, proactive counter to the Stores Closing thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

OK, I'm going to give you a little tip.

Nothing personal, but it's about the 4th post in the last couple of weeks that has the 'anything to make a few quid;)' type theme to it .... or another one was 'not prepared to sign my life to them;)' (paraphrase I know, but you get the drift).

Anyways, the tip, ... you are killing your chances stone dead right away. If someone saw your post had a job available,they are very unlikely to look upon you seriously with all the nods and winks;).

It's a tough world out there, companies can't afford any passengers, so if they are hiring, they're looking for some someone with energy and work ethic to come on board...not someone who just wants pocket money for themselves. There's a small forest worth of CV's going into companies every day of the week now, so there's stiff competition for jobs.

Sorry if this sounds a bit 'preachy'... I do actually have a sense of humour;)... but I might as well put you on the right road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Culchie wrote: »
    OK, I'm going to give you a little tip.

Nothing personal, but it's about the 4th post in the last couple of weeks that has the 'anything to make a few quid;)' type theme to it .... or another one was 'not prepared to sign my life to them;)' (paraphrase I know, but you get the drift).

Anyways, the tip, ... you are killing your chances stone dead right away. If someone saw your post had a job available,they are very unlikely to look upon you seriously with all the nods and winks;).

It's a tough world out there, companies can't afford any passengers, so if they are hiring, they're looking for some someone with energy and work ethic to come on board...not someone who just wants pocket money for themselves. There's a small forest worth of CV's going into companies every day of the week now, so there's stiff competition for jobs.

Sorry if this sounds a bit 'preachy'... I do actually have a sense of humour;)... but I might as well put you on the right road

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

it makes sense culchie in all fairness! only had one wink though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

one piece of advice don't send in a cv for any job application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I used to make money around sligo as a young lad

1. Ladder, bucket, window cleaning tool jobie (whatever its called) and some news papers
    2. Get a hold of a lawn mower and go some gardens in estate ereas.

You'll get some fresh air and a sense of achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    I used to make money around sligo as a young lad

1. Ladder, bucket, window cleaning tool jobie (whatever its called) and some news papers
    2. Get a hold of a lawn mower and go some gardens in estate ereas.

You'll get some fresh air and a sense of achievement.

Lawnmower is a licence to print money!

You then took up poker Joey!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Cork4ever

well I have a garden that needs stones picked out of it 2 days work.....any takers

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

back later

Advertisement