Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to Clare

• 01-07-2009 5:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hey all, I'm moving to Clare next week to live with my fiance. My friends/family are all a good few hours away, I don't know many people in Clare, and I don't have a job sorted out in Clare yet either. I'm gonna go a bit mental unless I meet new people, and don't want to be hanging off my fiance the whole time. Would like to have my own circle of friends as well as knowing his friends. We'll be living in Corofin - any suggestions of groups I can join or things I can do which will help me meet people? Was thinking along the lines of running clubs (even though I don't run...yet) or drama groups (even though I can't act) or volunteering of some sorts but I'm pretty open to all ideas. Something nice and cheap seeing as I don't have a job yet.

Haha reading back on this I sound like such a desperado, but feck it, nothing ventured nothing gained! :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

roseym wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm moving to Clare next week to live with my fiance. My friends/family are all a good few hours away, I don't know many people in Clare, and I don't have a job sorted out in Clare yet either. I'm gonna go a bit mental unless I meet new people, and don't want to be hanging off my fiance the whole time. Would like to have my own circle of friends as well as knowing his friends. We'll be living in Corofin - any suggestions of groups I can join or things I can do which will help me meet people? Was thinking along the lines of running clubs (even though I don't run...yet) or drama groups (even though I can't act) or volunteering of some sorts but I'm pretty open to all ideas. Something nice and cheap seeing as I don't have a job yet.

Haha reading back on this I sound like such a desperado, but feck it, nothing ventured nothing gained! :p

Hey newcomer. Welcome to Clare.

For a drame group, all I know is the Ennis players. Check out their website:

http://www.ennisplayers.com/

For running and other associated sports, the lees road sports park is a great place. More info at:

http://www.ennistowncouncil.ie/sportsleisure/leesroad.html

Sorry, these are all in Ennis but this is not too far from Corofin. Dont know of any these types of groups outside of town.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Corofin is a nice area that has a good community spirit about the place. I think they have a drama group as well as a number of other adult activities around the place, check out around the community center (near the school I think) as well as the heritage center.

Also, as with moving to most places, 1 of the best ways to get to know people is to spend time in the local pubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

The Clare Crusaders have a running club as part of their fundraising. They also run lots of social and sports events during the year. (www.clarecrusaders.ie)

Again its based in Ennis though.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming! Anything at all...doesn't only have to be the drama/running ideas that I had, and I don't mind a bit of a drive to do stuff.
    Clareman wrote: »
    Corofin is a nice area that has a good community spirit about the place. I think they have a drama group as well as a number of other adult activities around the place, check out around the community center (near the school I think) as well as the heritage center.

Also, as with moving to most places, 1 of the best ways to get to know people is to spend time in the local pubs

Yup tis a nice spot alright, and the pubs are pretty comfy :P. Spent about a week there at the start of June in our new place and nearly cracked up with boredom though. My own fault really because we had no tv sorted, no internet, and I had no car, no job...so this time I'll be prepared and at least have my car back on the road. With some wheels I'll be able to sort out the rest no prob.

Advertisement