Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Complaints - what next???

Options
  • 01-07-2009 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi
    I moved into my new house in November 08, and promptly called all service providers to change name / address and billing details as appropriate. This included Bord Gais with whom I was a first time customer.
    My DD was set up, received welcome letters etc etc – so I assumed all was fine!

In Feb 09, I still hadn’t received a bill – called them to be told they had recently changed billing systems, and my details hadn’t moved across....but a bill would be issued shortly. They estimated my bill that time, and I requested to pay it over the phone – they declined, because a bill hadn’t been issued...fair enough!
    April 09 – still no bill, so I called them again – got same story as above, and bill was received approx 2 weeks later. To date, due to numerous errors on BG side – they still have not taken payment from my account. They initially submitted the request for payment to the bank, not in my own name, but in the banks name.....thus, they correctly returned it unpaid.....I had to call them to tell them that!
    Since then – they have not taken payment and my bill is now over 600 euro! They now say the onus is on the bank, yet when I call the bank, they claim that all BG have to do is resubmit with the correct details.........so both parties are now waiting for the other to do something! In addition, I have received numerous letters from them claiming I am not maintaining my end of the contract by not paying, and that security deposits etc etc will be applied to my account!

I have gone to the Commission twice on this - (I have long email threads back and forth with BG) – only to be reverted back to BG....and to be left in limbo!

Can anyone advise what I can do??? At this stage, I dont think I should be liable for this bill.....given the numerous times I have contacted them on this, and effectively done their job – and am still getting nowhere!! Is there anywhere else I can go?? Read their customer charter too – joke!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

That is truely shocking. I dont have the answer but please let me know.

Im having similar probelms with NTL who havent billed me in 6 months. despite at least 20 calls to them telling them to issue me a bill. I too think that after a period of time I shouldnt be libel if they fail to issue a bill as per the contractual agreement i entered into

Advertisement