Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL signal quality in Ballybrit

Options
  • 01-07-2009 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed the decline in signal quality in past few weeks on east of Galway.. I plan on giving NTL the usual ultimatum..."fix it or I wont pay"...its the only language they understand....

Just wondering if anyone was onto dem for similar complaint?:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

ArraMusha wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the decline in signal quality in past few weeks on east of Galway.. I plan on giving NTL the usual ultimatum..."fix it or I wont pay"...its the only language they understand....

Just wondering if anyone was onto dem for similar complaint?:o

MMDS or cable?

Got sky + HD in last week. Was previously on MMDS, Sky appears to be a far better service/picture quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

It the Cable TV signal...TV3 is fierce! signal to noise ratio of 1.

Like trying to look through a bag of sand. Checked connections etc and its external to the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

Theres no problems here in Doughiska. Perfect signals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Ive only been having problems in the last 24 hours. Very poor upload, goes through phases of being non-existent, very annoying.

edit: renmore btw

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Krieg wrote: »
    Ive only been having problems in the last 24 hours. Very poor upload, goes through phases of being non-existent, very annoying.

edit: renmore btw

Crap,
    I assumed the OP was talking about picture quality from NTL, not Broadband.

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    Crap,
    I assumed the OP was talking about picture quality from NTL, not Broadband.

oh yeah, my tv signal is crap too
    I naturally assumed BB for some reason..

Was watching on digital downstairs a while ago but am upstairs now on analogue and there are problems with BBC1 RTE1 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Was going to make this thread myself.

Our analogue signal in Wellpark was shocking aswell before we all moved to digital boxes, my broadband has been a joke for the past couple of days too, all I can do is browse forums, no Youtube or Ebay even. I have to say up to this though NTL have been a great ISP for the past year or so, zero downtime that Ive noticed.

Thargor wrote: »
    my broadband has been a joke for the past couple of days too, all I can do is browse forums, no Youtube or Ebay even.

Aye, im the exact same. I can just about browse, but anything requiring a constant connection is hopeless
    I rang NTL yesterday and they confirmed that there was some "noise" present and that they may send a technician out if they couldn't fix it on their side. I have a feeling ill be making many phone calls to them over the coming days given previous experience .

Still sh1te on my end after 5 days now, can barely browse boards, all my downloads are stopping and starting to the point that I cant get my Whale Wars/Deadliest Catch fix :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Yeah,

Having real problems with NTL Broadband in Renmore. My NTL Broadband has been down with 'noise issues' since last wednesday. Currenly using my mobile for internet access - sucks.

I've rang NTL a number of times - keep getting passed around.

This is the second time this month that NTL broadband has been down!!

My NTL is still down, this sucks, whenever I waste a tenner of credit on hold to them they say they'll look into it and get back to me but they never do, shower of cnuts, Ive been waiting 2 weeks to sell something on Ebay, it just wont load.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

NTL technician called out today and put the spectrum analyzer on the cable, and there was noise.!!

He tried out a few things and said that there was no issue with my tv or cables in the house and that it was an NTL problem. :p

I asked him for more detail and he said he's seen it before where noise starts off on the analog and eventually effects the digital (broadband and phone)

He said its the amp, i.e. the amp they use to 'blasht' the signal out..

This noise is really noticeable on BBC1 today, and you can even see it pulsing.

Anyhow, no NTL bills are gonna be ped till my signal is crystal clear!:cool:

Advertisement