Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in the city i could get cheap furniture?

Options
  • 01-07-2009 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I need like a desk for my room. Problem is ive got **** all money....

Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

http://www.adverts.ie

Worth a look, you might even get lucky because you often see a lot of quality things been giving away for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The second hand shop on Merchants Road, about halfway up on the town side.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If you're feeling adventurous you could try picking up a flatpack desk from Atlantic Homecare and assembling it yourself. I did that a few years ago when I moved house and my new room was too small for the computer desk I was using at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

Freecycle!! (i.e the Galway specific yahoo group for giving away old stuff)

I'm sure theres someone out there with one they don't need anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

There's the VdeP shop on Merchants Road, or the Simon shop on Shantalla Road (part of the Higgins' timber building beside Ivors Motorcycles).

Otherwise flatpack from Atlantic or B&Q.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Actually there's a place in Ballyban Ind Est, Not New Trading, they have a sale on atm. I just went past there now. Semms to be used office furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

theres a place in the liosbaun estate "cash factory". second hand decent stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

mashling wrote: »
    Freecycle!! (i.e the Galway specific yahoo group for giving away old stuff)

I'm sure theres someone out there with one they don't need anymore!

+1

But offer stuff too if ya can... too many wanted requests recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Magnus wrote: »
    The second hand shop on Merchants Road, about halfway up on the town side.

That's the VdP shop. Limited opening hours, definitely Friday (and maybe one other - Tuesday???). Anyway, limited stock also, which moves quickly, so get there at opening time.

I'd second the comment someone made about CashFactory (www.cashfactory.ie I think) - in Lisbaun Estate, opened two weeks ago, is the big 2nd hand shop that Galway's been sorely lacking IMHO. I wandered through it today 'cos I was in the estate for a job interview: lots of their stock isn't on the web-site, definitely worth a visit if you're after specific stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There's a furniture Shop branch of Simon open ONLY on Fridays. It' on the right, a bit past the shops, where the Shantalla Rd turns into Rahoon Rd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement