Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i rent houselhold items???

Options
  • 01-07-2009 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

Im moving into a place for a few weeks before i move away to the UK and need stuff like an iron, ironing board, kettle, cooking utensils etc

I dont want to buy this stuff as i'll be moving to the UK and wont be able to bring it with me, is there anywhere in Dublin you can rent this stuff for a few weeks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Lamps wrote: »
    Im moving into a place for a few weeks before i move away to the UK and need stuff like an iron, ironing board, kettle, cooking utensils etc

I dont want to buy this stuff as i'll be moving to the UK and wont be able to bring it with me, is there anywhere in Dublin you can rent this stuff for a few weeks?

Don't know of anywhere that rents stuff like that but most decent house/apartments that you rent should come fitted with this sort of stuff. Have you asked your landlord?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Lamps

Its only a bedsit type place and it doesnt have any of this stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

If you look on gumtree or adverts.ie there are often people practically giving away this kind of stuff when they're moving away themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Lamps

latenia wrote: »
    If you look on gumtree or adverts.ie there are often people practically giving away this kind of stuff when they're moving away themselves.

Cheers.

But as the way is with these things when you actually want something theres nothing there for sale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I suggest you check a few secondhand shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

There's a for free section over on Adverts. You might be able to pick some stuff up over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yeah I can't imagine anywhere that would actually rent these things. You can get cheapo toasters, kettles etc fairly easy so there'd be no market for it.

Best bet, as mentioned, look at freebie lists and failing that just shell out for the cheapest ones you can find. Sure you only need them for a few weeks so they should last that long.

Advertisement