Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someting different in Belleek Castle, Ballina

Options
  • 01-07-2009 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Its the 2 year anniversary of Marshal Doran, the man who restored Belleek Castle, so, next Saturday night the castle is throwing a party.
    The castle is themed on the Spanish Armada, and to honour Marshalla love of all things Spanish the extremely talented guitar band "Tucan" are playing at the castle. http://http://www.tucanmusic.com/
    There will be support on the night to, it is being held in the Medieval Hall and the is a some food too.
    Admission is FREE and doors open at 9pm. All are welcome :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

Should be a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I think so... "red brick house" are supporting and there are going to be Tapa's and a spit roasted piglet at the fire in the medieval hall !!!!!!!!!!
    Please spread the word as much as possible.

I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I might mosey on down....

Scam!!.

Arrived at 9 no music, they said it would begin at 9:30, 9:30 no music, Then at 10:00 a band started playing from SLIGO!!! NO Tucan!!!! I left at 10:45. Also there was no food.

• Advertisement

It certainly was not a scam !! I am sorry to say it did start later then expected, red brick house played support as i already said would happen Tucan came on at 11 and played until 12.30, from 10.30 there where Tapas in the top bar and the pig was eaten by 1am !!!! It was the first time we had tried to do something like this and the organisation side will be better the next time, but it was not a scam.... there was no entry fee :confused:

It certainly was not a scam !! I am sorry to say it did start later then expected, red brick house played support as i already said would happen Tucan came on at 11 and played until 12.30, from 10.30 there where Tapas in the top bar and the pig was eaten by 1am !!!! It was the first time we had tried to do something like this and the organisation side will be better the next time, but it was not a scam.... there was no entry fee :confused:

Must me my bad luck, I did ask the staff but they were not sure. Anyway glad it all worked out ok. Sorry for the scam post, But I went for the Spanish music (being a spanish Speaker)

Must me my bad luck, I did ask the staff but they were not sure. Anyway glad it all worked out ok.
    As I said early on the Tucan night we should have been better organised... sorry.
    Next sunday afternoon there is a trad session in the top bar from 3~6, if you can make it down, ask for stephen and I will buy you a pint. I only work there and make nothing from these events but I do care about guests enjoyment. The ballina show is on the same day so not sure how many will show up to this.

Advertisement