Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much for a tyre replacement

• 01-07-2009 9:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭

Wondering roughly how much for a tyre for fiesta alloy

Wheel size is 195/45/16

Been quoted €135 for a pirelli and €95 for a cheaper tyre.

Is this ok or over priced?

Can't really wait to order off eire unless it arrives tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bren.ryan

Cant believe tyre prices are still so high! Think i was paying cheaper for a 205/45/17 about 2 years back! I know the lower the profile (45) the higher the price. I recently got tyres for a 195/50/16 for 75 euro each. Where are you located?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Trampas

Maynooth - Celbridge area

Rang another place Hancock €105

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bren.ryan

Cant really help you there, I got the tryres in first stop tyre services in drogheda, not sure if they have a depot close to were you are. I got the 205 17's in eastcoast alloys in ardee, they specialize in tyres and very resonable prices becuase of this. But whatever savings you make on the tyre you'll probably lose on fuel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Sounds very expensive, try Camskills http://www.camskill.co.uk/

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

sorry to hijack this thread. Got my first puncture yesterday - a big screw in my tire.. Roughly how much should i be expected to pay to have this repaired?

Cheers

G

• Advertisement

€10 for a puncture repair.

Kind of need the tyre replaced asap than wait for a few days for the tyre to arrive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

TBH for a local tyre centre that's not crazy, I'd ring around abit though, might save a few euro.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Trampas wrote: »
    Wondering roughly how much for a tyre for fiesta alloy

Tyre size is 195/45/16

Been quoted €135 for a pirelli and €95 for a cheaper tyre.

Is this ok or over priced?

Can't really wait to order off eire unless it arrives tomorrow.

fixed that for you :p
    for a budget tyre in 195 45 R16, i can get some for €55-€70 (last one i got was about 2 months ago for a camry), but then you have to pay for fitting and balance of the tyre and disposal of the original tyre, about €20 in total.

local garage beside me charge 2.50 for disposal and 10 to fit and 5 to balance iirc. (auto centre on St. Margerets Road in Finglas.)

the quots yous have are for a pirelli tyre, which would be far superier to the budger option imo, but the quote for €95, does that include fitting and balance, if so then its not a million miles off the going rate.

kceire wrote: »
    fixed that for you :p
    for a budget tyre in 195 45 R16, i can get some for €55-€70 (last one i got was about 2 months ago for a camry), but then you have to pay for fitting and balance of the tyre and disposal of the original tyre, about €20 in total.

local garage beside me charge 2.50 for disposal and 10 to fit and 5 to balance iirc. (auto centre on St. Margerets Road in Finglas.)

the quots yous have are for a pirelli tyre, which would be far superier to the budger option imo, but the quote for €95, does that include fitting and balance, if so then its not a million miles off the going rate.

cheers.

So €90 for a budget tyre aint bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Grassy Knoll

Hi I was thinking of ordering car tyres in the UK from Black Circles - better spec for your money - IMO. Problem is at this end getting somewhere to fit the new tyres as many garages wont do it if you havnt bought from them. Can anyone who has done the same recommend a garage in the Dublin area i.e. fit and balance new tyres only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hi I was thinking of ordering car tyres in the UK from Black Circles - better spec for your money - IMO. Problem is at this end getting somewhere to fit the new tyres as many garages wont do it if you havnt bought from them. Can anyone who has done the same recommend a garage in the Dublin area i.e. fit and balance new tyres only.

www.camskill.co.uk are generally cheaper than black circles.

You can find a list of local fitters on http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/stationssuche.pl?dsco=124

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Trampas wrote: »
    cheers.

So €90 for a budget tyre aint bad.

yeah i was thinkin myself that the €90 mark would be more realistic if youre not going all out for extras. Id like to think that administrative costs are covered in that as well

i would have said that the Bridgestone Potenza GIII 175 / 60 R13 or 185 / 60 R13 are sweet if price wasnt an issue and u werent bothered about its resale, but never mind.. well, we can all dream :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Grassy Knoll

Thanks Bazz, just wondering will the tyre fitters listed fit anyone or just eiretyres who they seem to the affiliated to? How did you find catskills to deal with ?

Thanks Bazz, just wondering will the tyre fitters listed fit anyone or just eiretyres who they seem to the affiliated to? How did you find catskills to deal with ?

I've never been asked to be honest, if asked just tell them you bought them on the web and the site had them down as a recommended fitting centre. ;) Haven't personal experience of camskills yet but lots of people on here have dealt with them and any feedback I have read has been positive. I will be ordering from them soon though.

OP, last time I bought tyres I paid around €80 each including fitting and balancing by a local tyre centre. They were 205/55/R16 Vredestein Sportrac for a Focus. I think those Pirellie's for €135 are probably high end tyres which are a little overkill imo on a car like a Fiesta. I think a middle of the range branded tyre will do the job just as well on your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Maruney

bazz26 wrote: »
    I've never been asked to be honest, if asked just tell them you bought them on the web and the site had them down as a recommended fitting centre. ;) Haven't personal experience of camskills yet but lots of people on here have dealt with them and any feedback I have read has been positive. I will be ordering from them soon though.

OP, last time I bought tyres I paid around €80 each including fitting and balancing by a local tyre centre. They were 205/55/R16 Vredestein Sportrac for a Focus. I think those Pirellie's for €135 are probably high end tyres which are a little overkill imo on a car like a Fiesta. I think a middle of the range branded tyre will do the job just as well on your car.

Hi Bazz,

Can you mention what tyre center fitted those for you, I get the usual refusals from most places in Limerick.

Thanks.

Maruney wrote: »
    Hi Bazz,

Can you mention what tyre center fitted those for you, I get the usual refusals from most places in Limerick.

Thanks.

MTS on the Dublin Road fitted them for me last time. Between the two sets of traffic lights opposite side, up from the A1 bar. Afaik Midwest Tyres out in Raheen will also fit them for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Got 2 Enduro 195/55/R15's fitted for €140 total for the pair at Malahide Tyres (between Swords and Malahide).

We bring all our vehicles there, so I do not know if I got a discount for that.

Always been very happy with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

The Cheapo Tyre

The Good Tyre

Prices include P&P fitting should be around €12,00 @ your local Tyre shop (check this out first)

Advertisement