Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading a ringtone...?

• 01-07-2009 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Just figured out how to put a song from i-tunes onto my phone and use it as a ringtone. Can anyone tell me how I can select the specific part of the song that I want to use as the ringtone? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

That would be something you'd do on your computer. Get audio editting software and cut the bit you want out into its own file.

Audacity would probably do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    That would be something you'd do on your computer. Get audio editting software and cut the bit you want out into its own file.

Audacity would probably do it

Great minds think alike.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Great minds think alike.

Copying me you are :P

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

Thanks folks, I've downloaded Audacity. Can't figure out how I clip a section of a i-tune file. Seems straight forward for recording something with a microphone, but how does one import an entire track from i-tunes?

I've tried the import feature and what comes in is just about 10 seconds of distorted noise, as if the entire track has been speeded up to just 10 seconds, or something like that...:confused:

Thanks folks, I've downloaded Audacity. Can't figure out how I clip a section of a i-tune file. Seems straight forward for recording something with a microphone, but how does one import an entire track from i-tunes?

I've tried the import feature and what comes in is just about 10 seconds of distorted noise, as if the entire track has been speeded up to just 10 seconds, or something like that...:confused:

You don't 'import a track from itunes'. Itunes is just listing files that are on your computer. Find the file and import it, ignoring itunes entirely.

Or do you mean you just imported it from the folder where itunes stores its files?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

What format is the file in? It should ideally be in MP3 format.

As a side note, you will have to download LAME for Audacity to edit MP3s.

And don't forget, as I said in the Apple Media Devices forum, if it is a protected song, you won't be able to do a whole lot with it.

Advertisement