Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Ireland webtext on iPhone

Options
  • 01-07-2009 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

The latest version of Jelly SMS now has support for using your 333 webtexts per month. Existing users can grab the upgrade for free now in the App Store! Blueface.ie has also been added.

shot7.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭3DataModem

fbradyirl wrote: »
    The latest version of Jelly SMS now has support for using your 333 webtexts per month. Existing users can grab the upgrade for free now in the App Store! Blueface.ie has also been added.

shot7.jpg

Thanks for that.

I don't see three.ie in the list of options? How do I set it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Whoops!

phone now telling me to update jelly

Presume that it'll include 3.

Waiting ..... waiting..... waiting....

Bingo.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

This looks cool. So it just uses your free webtexts yeah?

Does it replace the exisiting messaging app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

doesn't work well for me, very buggy. The O key has stuck enlarged, and when you hit the delete key once it erases the entire line..also, when you click on a number to bring it over from your contacts it misses the last 3 digits......I know its a cheap app but I want my money back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

anoble66 wrote: »
    doesn't work well for me, very buggy. The O key has stuck enlarged, and when you hit the delete key once it erases the entire line..also, when you click on a number to bring it over from your contacts it misses the last 3 digits......I know its a cheap app but I want my money back!!

That is a known bug in the iPhone, not Jelly SMS. It's very simple to fix. See here:

http://www.jellysms.com/blog/fix-for-keyboard-issue-on-iphone-os-3-0/

• Advertisement

mika27 wrote: »
    This looks cool. So it just uses your free webtexts yeah?

Does it replace the exisiting messaging app?

Yep, you can use up your free webtexts credits each month. I cannot get it to replace the SMS app though due to Apple's SDK restrictions (which prevent app's from reading recieved SMS).

that is working brilliantly now, thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Yep, you can use up your free webtexts credits each month. I cannot get it to replace the SMS app though due to Apple's SDK restrictions (which prevent app's from reading recieved SMS).

I just downloaded it. Fair play, great app. Up to now I had been sending webtexts through Safari but this is way handier. Will definitely save me a few quid every month :D

No probs! Don't forget to leave a good review guys if you have time. To leave a review:

- go to iTunes (or the app store on your iphone),
    - search for the app
    - go into the reviews section of the app. Then click on the 'Write a review' button.

anyone else having problems sending webtxts with three? It was working perfectly, If I text myself it works but other people on meteor etc are not receiving any texts I send via jellysms. Normal SMS is fine.

I have tried rebooting, and re-entering my three username and PIN. Is everyone else able to use jellysms on three ok?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

anoble66 wrote: »
    anyone else having problems sending webtxts with three? It was working perfectly, If I text myself it works but other people on meteor etc are not receiving any texts I send via jellysms. Normal SMS is fine.

I have tried rebooting, and re-entering my three username and PIN. Is everyone else able to use jellysms on three ok?

thanks

yeah..the other day i sent someone 4 sms via my laptop using 3's free webtexts, they only received them about 6 hours later..no good to be honest

when sending to other 3 customers this doesnt seem to be a problem..

meh looks like three webtext is down, tried over the web and get nothing delivered either.

Advertisement