Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poland: Please, say No to Lisbon Treaty

Options
  • 01-07-2009 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, i'm from Poland.
    Yes, i know, our goverment sucks.
    Yes, i also know that immigrants from Poland are stupid and etc.
    But, please vote for No.
    We hadn't chance to vote.
    You are our only hope.

Sry for my English.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Why? Give me a reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

boards.ie is the name of this site not boards.pl

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

hawker1 wrote: »
    Hi, i'm from Poland.
    But, please vote for No.
    You are our only hope.

Sry for my English.

Ireland on its own in the world, ahhh no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

Hi, i'm from Poland.
    But, please vote for No.
    You are our only hope.

Sry for my English.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Hi, i'm from Poland.
    But, please vote for No.
    You are our only hope.

Sry for my English.

There will be a NO vote from me.

Greetings to our Polish friends, a fascinating country. Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

So your aggrieved that poles did not get a popular vote on Lisbon, and you think that us voting No will somehow change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi, i'm from Poland.
    But, please vote for No.
    You are our only hope.

Sry for my English.

Of course, we are also the only hope for Polish Yes voters, but perhaps that doesn't register.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mayo1

turgon wrote: »
    So your aggrieved that poles did not get a popular vote on Lisbon, and you think that us voting No will somehow change that.

That comment has just convinced me that a lot of the Yes side on here haven't a clue what they're talking about. Poland have said if Ireland rejects the treaty, they will do likewise.

Yes, my Polish friend, I will vote No, will canvass for the No vote and am confident that, once the government are exposed for the useless 'guarantees' they have 'achieved', the country will also vote No. Many people I have talked to are still in favour of a No vote. In fact some Yes voters are even changing sides.:)

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Of course, we are also the only hope for Polish Yes voters, but perhaps that doesn't register.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

The fact is that 60-70% of the people of Europe want a chance to vote on the treaty and even people on the Yes side, i.e., Charlie McGreevy, have said that they would most certainly reject the treaty. So, I doubt there are too many Polish Yes voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Sorry Hawker, I have to do what I believe is best for Ireland and best for Europe, which is to vote 'yes' to the Lisbon treaty.

Perhaps you should lobby your government for a popular vote in Poland, instead of hoping others will give away their vote to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Mayo1 wrote: »
    The fact is that 60-70% of the people of Europe want a chance to vote on the treaty

Source on that fact please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭O'Morris

We are far from being the only hope for yes voters.

Ireland on its own in the world, ahhh no thanks.

:rolleyes:

Ireland rejects the treaty = Poland and Czech Republic will reject it. Britain, after David Cameron's inevitable victory in the elections, will give a referendum to which a No vote in also inevitable. Germany's President is also wary about the treaty and seems to be putting off ratification until Ireland's vote. It all depends on Ireland. So, no, Ireland will NOT be on it's own under any circumstances. Please leave your scaremongering elsewhere.

The fact is that 60-70% of the people of Europe want a chance to vote on the treaty and even people on the Yes side, i.e., Charlie McGreevy, have said that they would most certainly reject the treaty. So, I doubt there are too many Polish Yes voters.

When you say "fact", what do you mean exactly? Something you can produce evidence for, or something you strongly believe to be the case?

If you have evidence for that assertion, let's have it. Otherwise there's nothing stopping me from simply responding that the vast majority of people would actually vote Yes.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I for one will be voting "yes" as a gesture of solidarity with my Japanese siblings who are being denied a vote on this treaty. It's a fact that 82.04% of Japanse people would like a vote on Lisbon.

When you say "fact", what do you mean exactly? Something you can produce evidence for, or something you strongly believe to be the case?

If you have evidence for that assertion, let's have it. Otherwise there's nothing stopping me from simply responding that the vast majority of people would actually vote Yes.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

There ya go. See above. :p

Oh yeah, to say that the vast majority of people in the EU would vote Yes to something that the French and Dutch gave a resounding No to would be funny - and rubbish.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I for one will be voting "yes" as a gesture of solidarity with my Japanese siblings who are being denied a vote on this treaty. It's a fact that 82.04% of Japanse people would like a vote on Lisbon.

Maybe if Japan was actually in the EU :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Caoltan

No all the way.

There ya go. See above. :p

Oh yeah, to say that the vast majority of people in the EU would vote Yes to something that the French and Dutch gave a resounding No to would be funny - and rubbish.

Why? The Spanish and the Luxembourgers gave it a resounding Yes.

Also, thanks for the poll, but how does it show that the majority of people in Europe would vote No?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Yes thanks for the poll it shows that the majority of countries would vote yes.
    Oh and Hawker1, I'm still waiting for reasons why the treaty should be rejected.

Maybe if Japan was actually in the EU :p.
    And maybe if Poland was in Ireland I'd be interested in considering the Polish perspective when deciding whether or not to allow a change to the Irish constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

:rolleyes:

Ireland rejects the treaty = Poland and Czech Republic will reject it.

And yet so many no voters give out about people voting the party line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

mike65 wrote: »
    boards.ie is the name of this site not boards.pl

jesus but thats an ignorant remark

I suspect mike was expressing the same sentiment as my post #23.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

I suspect mike was expressing the same sentiment as my post #23.

We are both in the EU. The Irish vote is systemic I suppose, maybe thats what the OP is suggesting... but I do think that this business of 'Ireland is our only hope', is a bit.. I dont know what's the word

Why? The Spanish and the Luxembourgers gave it a resounding Yes.

Also, thanks for the poll, but how does it show that the majority of people in Europe would vote No?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

As, why would 70% want a vote, other than to reject it. If it is already passed in their country ( in most cases ), and they were in support of it, then why would they want to waste time in saying Yes again. The fact is, that 70% of the people want a treaty and the majority, if not all, would most certainly vote No. Also, so many leaders of the Yes campaign including Sarkozy and McGreevy, have even siad the treaty would be rejected throughout Europe. That is the reason why the EU were so determined for countries not to have a referendum.

I don't have enough information on Spain and Luxembourg to comment directly, but I assumed that the treaty was ratified through their parliaments, not by the people? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'll look up on that.

And maybe if Poland was in Ireland I'd be interested in considering the Polish perspective when deciding whether or not to allow a change to the Irish constitution.

Exactly, that's what the Lisbon Treaty is, a change to the Irish Constitution! Good of you to admit that, the amount of people in the Yes side to deny that to me is appalling. :rolleyes:

jesus but thats an ignorant remark

I completrely agree, no place for it at all.

• Advertisement

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Yes thanks for the poll it shows that the majority of countries would vote yes.
    Oh and Hawker1, I'm still waiting for reasons why the treaty should be rejected.

Where does it show the majority will vote Yes? Haha, that's a joke, considering your side has admitted that the people across Europe would reject the treaty, that's a pretty bold statement.

I'll land some reasons, oh and with evidence, unlike the Yes side, which has given no reasons to vote Yes backed up with evidence from the treaty:

http://www.selisboninfo.org/campaign_support_leaflet1.html

<MOD>Please don't post large chunks of what is probably copyright material when you can link to it.</MOD>

Advertisement