Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mir training for brock footage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

He's big alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mcdermott

if he punches like that on the night he'll get hammered. He's a decent size tho, be interesting to see who gasses out first..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Seriously a lot bigger and more defined since his last fight, looking strong.

About his pad work, yes it looks a bit lazy and not the sharpest but in fairness, I remember seeing Matt Serra hits pads in training for Hughes and that was woeful.. has little reflection on how they fight on the night though..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

I have to agree on his technique/speed being poor, it looked to me like he was at the end of a training session, so you can't really take it as his peak performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Yeah it is probably the end of a session...

Hands seem low at times and he seems to be leaving his hands out after some of the punches.

I find it hard to put my money on either of them.

Slightly favour Mir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

decent kiicks for a guy that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

i think he's practising the kicks and putting them into combo's-the punches are lazy at best..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Any drug tests in Nevada these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Hes taking this one very seriously, he looked in serious shape a few weeks back at ufc 98 Q and A.. Ripped at about 250lbs,by far the best shape hes been in his life, both mentally and physcially.

Im back Mir again, everyone laughed at me when i said Mir would hammer Noguiera, look where that got people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

no chance Brocks a freak
    - it'll all play out soon -
    fight starts: Mir pushes his stand up - hits Brock - Brocks gets angry - shoots relentlessly - takes Mir down violently - instantly reigns hammer fists before Mir gets smart - quick stop by Ref at 2 min - Brock cements position as most dangerous HW in UFC - Shane Carwin or Valasquez next instead of Kongo I hope ! wohoo!

Mir is looking huge though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

soretoe wrote: »
    no chance Brocks a freak
    fight starts: Mir pushes his stand up - hits Brock - Brocks gets angry - shoots relentlessly - takes Mir down violently - instantly reigns hammer fists before Mir gets smart - quick stop by Ref at 2 min - Brock cements position as most dangerous HW in UFC - Shane Carwin or Valasquez next instead of Kongo I hope ! wohoo!

please stop posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

no chance Brocks a freak

Ah yes brock lesnar the monster who has never lost...Oh....that's not right is it...I mean the monster who has and never will lose to Mir....oh sh!t that's not right either is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

no chance Brocks a freak

Was that picture taken about a minute before Brock was tapping?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Im so tired of Brock vs Mir supporters already.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭j walsh

He was defo wasn't showing everything he's got there IMO,
    Could be all set up for Brock to think his stand up is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Peope are still not taking Lesnar seriously no? His first with Mir was his first in the UFC, and I am still in the mind that Mir just got away with it it. Lesnar was too hasty and probably nervous. Fast forward to the Heath herring fight..different animal, same with Randy Couture. I think he will hammer Mir. He is a better wrestler than him and hits like a runaway tank. People seem to forget that he has a wealth of NCAA wrestling behind him and was champ there on numerous occasions.

I think the haters need to start accepting that he is no joke anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Brock is no joke for sure

Ok he came from wrasslin (WWE I mean) but his credentials are very good and no matter what people say that amount of strength will be very hard to control now that he will have a better gameplan

I think the bigest problem I have with brock is down to Dana to be honest. He shouldn't have been fighting for the belt as fast as he did.

Plus he should not have been fighting Mir straight out of the blocks. If they would have taken their time with him and built up his resume I think he would have been accepted a bit more by the die hards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Jason Mc wrote: »
    Brock is no joke for sure

Ok he came from wrasslin (WWE I mean) but his credentials are very good and no matter what people say that amount of strength will be very hard to control now that he will have a better gameplan

I think the bigest problem I have with brock is down to Dana to be honest. He shouldn't have been fighting for the belt as fast as he did.

Plus he should not have been fighting Mir straight out of the blocks. If they would have taken their time with him and built up his resume I think he would have been accepted a bit more by the die hards.

Spot on, probably helped with the PPV numbers greatly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

rovert wrote: »
    Im so tired of Brock vs Mir supporters already.

Quote for Truth.

Advertisement