Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love Oz but we do xxxxx better.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lav1

this might not go down well:o but I have to say that agud oz pie is way better for a hangover than the full irish brekkie imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Oh Pies are fantastic no decent pie in Ireland anywhere...

As for breakfasts, ulster frys take some beating. If you are ever in East belfast the Willows cafe beside the Police station on the Woodstock Rd. Best breakfast I have had so far.

I would go on but it would seriously go way OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

this might not go down wellredface.gif but I have to say that agud oz pie is way better for a hangover than the full irish brekkie imo...

Harry the pies woolloomooloo oooohhhh baby:pac::pac::pac:

The difference between Oz and Nz-

OZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn0lwGk4u9o

NZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxgQ27RDDWk&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

sideswipe wrote: »

You're not wrong, don't think they'll ever be topped!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Derek B wrote: »
    You're not wrong, don't think they'll ever be topped!
    there are topped with peas or peas and potato for the tiger pies ...boom boom

there are also outlets in haymarket and circular but the one mentioned above is the original and best

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The NZ media is $hit with a bold face capital S
    The old local part-time weekly paper looks like the Wall Street journal in comparison.

I agree with the pies though. Get yourself to Dunedin and go to the Saturday morning farmers market. The organic pies there are to die for!! Cheap too!

Hmmmmmm Venison with a red wine sauce.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ozzirt

Aussies are laid back, there's no doubt about that, in fact we are the grand masters of laid back. Also we are not so paranoid and lacking in self assurance as to have to ask others what we do better. We know what we do better,... everything. :D

I like the Irish people for their sense of humour, their music and Guinness. (The world's loveliest drink) I hate the Irish 'cos their Guinness makes me put on weight.

Don't tell anyone, but you do have more great pubs. The average Aussie (city) pub is just a swill hole where it's convenient to meet your mates. Country pubs get some real atmosphere the further you go from the city.

sideswipe wrote: »

You're obviously too young to have had a real Harry's pie,... 40 years ago when Harry served them himself, straight from the kerosene heated pie warmer and they tasted like they'd been marinated in crude oil. They were real "man's pies"

When Harry's was the exclusive province of drunken Aussie sailors. No one else would be seen dead within a mile of the place. That flash place they've had there for the last 20 years or so is not "Harry's". It's just a Yuppie tourist trap.:D

ozzirt wrote: »
    We know what we do better,... everything. :D
    I disagree your pretty crap at modesty :rolleyes:
    I hate the Irish 'cos their Guinness makes me put on weight.
    True I lost 2 stone since I left Ireland
    Don't tell anyone, but you do have more great pubs.
    The average Aussie
    Yes true, no-one runs a pub like the Irish unless your in the North pubs up there are shocking in comparisson

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Oh Pies are fantastic no decent pie in Ireland anywhere...

As for breakfasts, ulster frys take some beating. If you are ever in East belfast the Willows cafe beside the Police station on the Woodstock Rd. Best breakfast I have had so far.

I would go on but it would seriously go way OT.

There used to be a New York Pie shop in Waterford, they used to have the most fantastic pies!! unfortunately it closed down a few years ago, was brokenhearted!

• Advertisement

Claasman wrote: »
    Cant get lucozade here, traffic lights work differently with pedestrians, difficult to get a proper spud here...
    I dunno where you are living, but I live in a small town (Pop. 1800) and we can get Lucozade here in three different shops, two supermarkets and the chemists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Fooz

Surely the worst thing about Oz is when you're over there you can't bang on and on to all your friends in the pub about the mad year you spent in Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Teabags!

First thing I did when I came home was have a quality cuppa Barry's! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Gillington wrote: »
    Teabags!

Yesssssss!! Thats great news!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Gack. Barrys.

Oz has T2, which does the addictive Melbourne Breakfast, which is a flavoured black tea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

Don't think it was mentioned...Coleslaw

Fooz wrote: »
    Surely the worst thing about Oz is when you're over there you can't bang on and on to all your friends in the pub about the mad year you spent in Oz.

Oh I forgot that's what the Irish do better f**king begrudgery
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

Gillington wrote: »
    Teabags!

dilmah is so much better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Aussies are laid back, there's no doubt about that, in fact we are the grand masters of laid back. Also we are not so paranoid and lacking in self assurance as to have to ask others what we do better. We know what we do better,... everything. :D

I like the Irish people for their sense of humour, their music and Guinness. (The world's loveliest drink) I hate the Irish 'cos their Guinness makes me put on weight.

Don't tell anyone, but you do have more great pubs. The average Aussie (city) pub is just a swill hole where it's convenient to meet your mates. Country pubs get some real atmosphere the further you go from the city.

I know something we aussies do better. QUEUEING AT THE ****ING BAR.

We get our drink. Then step away. We dont spend the rest of the night in the ****ing way of everyone else.

*bzzzzz sound of rant engine coming to a halt*

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Jumpy wrote: »
    I know something we aussies do better. QUEUEING AT THE ****ING BAR.

We get our drink. Then step away. We dont spend the rest of the night in the ****ing way of everyone else.

*bzzzzz sound of rant engine coming to a halt*

That's because we don't spend the whole night nursing one beer and the concept of buying rounds hasn't been picked up by the Aussies yet :)

When it's an Aussie fellas turn to buy a round, he's made a dash for a taxi....stingy feckers! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I dunno where you are living, but I live in a small town (Pop. 1800) and we can get Lucozade here in three different shops, two supermarkets and the chemists.

Same as. I get my fix from my local Coles every week. Exact same as back home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

That's because we don't spend the whole night nursing one beer and the concept of buying rounds hasn't been picked up by the Aussies yet :)

When it's an Aussie fellas turn to buy a round, he's made a dash for a taxi....stingy feckers! ;)

Serves ya right, buy your own drink ffs :confused:

I think someone mentioned it here already but Aussie bar staff are incapable of serving more than one person at a time. FFS back home a barm,an is expected to serve at least 3 at once, especially in a nightclub. I was in Star Bar in Sydney the other week, pretty big nightclub, must have been 1000 odd people there and they had two bars with two staff on each. Having a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

shane86 wrote: »
    Serves ya right, buy your own drink ffs :confused:

I think someone mentioned it here already but Aussie bar staff are incapable of serving more than one person at a time. FFS back home a barm,an is expected to serve at least 3 at once, especially in a nightclub. I was in Star Bar in Sydney the other week, pretty big nightclub, must have been 1000 odd people there and they had two bars with two staff on each. Having a laugh.

I agree its extraordinarily difficult to get a few drinks in in a nightclub because of the lack of barpeople.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Tomm0

Skip quickly over the weather, cost of living, food and coffee (who cares about coffee anyway).

The important thing is pubs. They're crap at them - even the ones that aren't trashed by Pokies are still mostly ****e. Why can't they turn the TVs off when there's sod all on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

We do the internet better. Feckin' download limits! Grrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

If every country was the same then why would we bother travelling. Oz is great, Ireland is great. End of story.

If every country was the same then why would we bother travelling. Oz is great, Ireland is great. End of story.

LOCK. THIS. THREAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 s. lacker

Pudding and christmas is better in ireland. Pudding dosen't exist here, though they disguise dog food to look like it;)
    The lucasade is available but only in th esmall glass bottles and leak in your bag once opened and closed once! I need the big plastic bottles and some irish mars bars for my hangover cure!
    Also taco chips, went into a chipper and tried to explain to the guy how to make them, told him he would make a fortune, he had all the ingredients just wasnt up for taking the risk!
    The west of Ireland possibly one of th emost beautiful haunting coastline ive seen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Father ted was made in Ireland granted by an outside firm but made in Ireland with irish Actors...

I'm afraid I'll have to correct you here, the majority of the scenes were filmed in LWT studios, London, England.

Advertisement