Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love Oz but we do xxxxx better.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

aussies are thick(but nice)
    amazingly macho when pissed
    macho men in the outback(can be very aggressive when drunk)
    serve the beer in a pint glass - i dont want to go to an oirish bar for a pint
    bondi is a kip far too many Cork people
    Far too many Cork people
    impossible to get chicken ball and chip - impossible!
    too many backpackers
    goverment wont give a tax refund to non nationals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Derek B

empirix wrote: »

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

empirix wrote: »

I get my tax paid up front with my wages. Then the recruitment agency submits a tax return on my behalf at the end of the year. Of course, they get their pound of flesh but I get my money up front.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭88show

you all miss the fcuking point why you went to OZ or nz in the 1st place, sh!t is always different otherwise you wouldn't need to leave the hole you crawled out of.
    winge winge fcuking winge, find stuff you like instead of burying your head in siht you don't or you'll never truely enjoy living in a place that was so interesting when you 1st thought about leaving home...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

milk and chicken was pish when i was in oz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

88show wrote: »
    you all miss the fcuking point why you went to OZ or nz in the 1st place, sh!t is always different otherwise you wouldn't need to leave the hole you crawled out of.
    winge winge fcuking winge, find stuff you like instead of burying your head in siht you don't or you'll never truely enjoy living in a place that was so interesting when you 1st thought about leaving home...

LOCK. THIS. THREAD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

LOCK. THIS. THREAD.

Is that your response to everyone that is open minded about moving to a new country? Who died and made you king?

Is that your response to everyone that is open minded about moving to a new country? Who died and made you king?

The king.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I get my tax paid up front with my wages. Then the recruitment agency submits a tax return on my behalf at the end of the year. Of course, they get their pound of flesh but I get my money up front.

you must be a citizen then or the agency is putting down your a citizen for tax puposes - which is what i done but there is a chance that if they choose to track your records etc they will find out your on a WHV and then issue a bill to you for the full amount to be paid back,which has happened to people when theyve been home 6 months to a year!! the reason why i never claimed back my superannuation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

I left Ireland because of the sh1t weather 2 summers in a row, crap music in nightclubs and the high cost of living.

Doesnt mean I cant have a critical viewpoint about a country I 95% love and never want to leave :) Some things in Oz are god awful, often due to the ineptitude of the people. Get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

The king.

logical stuff really !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

88show - tone it down please. There is no need to talk to people like that. By the nature of this thread people are going to be comparing. If you don't want to hear it, don't read the thread. It's very obvious what it contains from the title. There are plenty of threads where people are talking about what they like. This isn't one of them.
    LOCK. THIS. THREAD.

No - and please don't post instructions like that on thread again. It drags it off topic. This thread was reported. That is sufficient. Please don't back seat mod.

Can we get back on topic now and the next person who says that people shouldn't complain if they've moved somewhere else will be infracted or banned. That is what this thread is for and that is what it contains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Irish ADSL is way better and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

dilmah is so much better

Is it? are u serious, cause i'm just buying the twinning irish breakfast - tis really dear!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Made the mistake of trying to watch tv a few times. And worse than that tried to watch movies on tv, ad breaks every five minutes, drove me ****ing crazy. Imagine Lord of the Rings on Aussie tv, each one would be five hours long.

Way less rednecks in Ireland.

Way less mullets in Ireland.

We don't have pirate measures like scooners(?!?!).

Oh and we don't finish our sentences in a higher pitch so everything sounds like a question. Yes Brisbane you know what I'm talking about.

Walk in the door of any Melbourne clothes show and you are greated with "Haiyageng"

You know

Walk in the door of any Melbourne clothes shop and you are greeted with

:)"Haiyageng":)

You know what im talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ozzirt

The few Irish terrorists that I have met here in Oz were great people who were making the most of the experience. I wish that they'd come to stay,... maybe they will one day.

Yep,.. it's different, that's why the experience is so great. Enjoy yourselves, (you can even have a whinge occasionally) we don't really care. We know what it's like, we live here full time and were not all deliriously happy about everything either.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

CHOCOLATE

I found a shop nearby that imports Yorkie bars

Have eaten 4 already this mornin :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

CHOCOLATE

I found a shop nearby that imports Yorkie bars

Have eaten 4 already this mornin :D:D:D

I found one that has WISPA (with a cadburys coolock stamp on it!)
    mmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

WANT!!!

by the by, has anyone found red lemonade this side of the equator?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

:eek: Crown lager is the biggest pile of piss alongside Tooheys New!

Coopers Pale Ale and Tooheys Extra dry, if we had these 2 beers in Ireland we'd all be alcoholics;)

Nearly sure most beers out here are 4.9 or 5%...

Ah yes!! Coopers Pale Ale!!! A pleasure from start to finish!! Tooheys Extra Dry?? Nice I agree but lets face it its an Aussie Miller really!!

Both these beers are available in Redmonds Off Licence in Ranelagh for those of you now thirsty!!!

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

Anyone know where i can get my hands on some VB. Ahhhh the beer of the working class. Work hard and play hard.

Lots of negatives on this thread but VB is defo a positive.

Lets be fair, If ireland had the climate it woul dbe the best country in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

potsy11 wrote: »
    Anyone know where i can get my hands on some VB. Ahhhh the beer of the working class. Work hard and play hard.

Lots of negatives on this thread but VB is defo a positive.

Lets be fair, If ireland had the climate it woul dbe the best country in the world!

Would be 99% sure you can get VB in Redmonds. I know some Superquinns stock Aussie beer as well

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

Got some "illegal" red lemonade in New Zealand, after a dry year in Oz :)

I also loved Oz but some of those things mentioned just werent the same! Like their news stories are shocking, one day prime time news was about a dog who got lost one day while out with the farmer but made his way home about 2km away!!! This went on for ten mins!

yes, i do quite frequently feel the need to shout 'but... that's not news!' at the telly here...

and where did you find this red lemonade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

In a dodgy hostel bar in Auckland I believe it was, the barman was Irish! Another thing I found irritating was that horrible salad they put on sambos, was like watercress or something, fookin stink!

im gonna be in auckland in october....

the search shall commence then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Crumble, you know you can get Wispa's in Christchurch...
    Dont know about the Red Lemonade though.

• Advertisement

meh, i stocked up on the wispas to sufficiently fulfil my nostalgia for a while last year while back home, but the red lemonade i have not been able to find anywehre.

you know that little shop on columbo st, full of random **** from overseas, it's near the whiskey ponce shop, ehhh.... kilmore st and petersboro st, i think, but it's filled iwth **** from overseas, including barry's tea (no feckin lyons, mind), think it's like the oldes shop in chch or something like that, but i asked the dude about red lemonade and apparently he'd never even heard of it before.

Advertisement