Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 PC Version in stores early?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Indeed, I guess we'll have to wait till someone emulates the arcade version of SFIV before we'll get a proper version eh? hehehehee....aaaaarghhh god damn it :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Its still the best version, by a tiny bit. Capcom did a good job on the perfromance side of the port.

Now hurry up and by it. I haven't played your suicidal akuma in ages.

Lol, new version of Akuma unlocked:

EMO AKUMA

"Why does everyone I kill come back to life" :'( *

/hangs self using the ****ty rope he has for a belt

*(Bison & Gouken)

Add Gill to that list, not to mention your failures to Kill Gen or Adon and don't forget both Bison and Gouken allowed you to kill them.

Akuma = Fail!

I thought the official story for 3s has Alex beating Gill in the end. But I don't really know wtf is cannon with that game. lol

• Advertisement

Part of the canon of SF III is that Akuma thought he won the tournament after he preformed the Raging Demon on Gill, Thinking he killed Gill he declared himself the winner and left but Gill simply resurrected himself and the tournament went on without Akuma the big dope!

rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Having a bit of trouble with the online mode when trying to set up a session with my brother.
    We can both play online games without any issues but I try to invite him to play in a player match through games for windows live or vice versa, the accepting player always gets a "failed to participate in Session" error. Am I missing something?

This was how I set up lobbies on the 360 version

Have you ports open for GFLW.

UDP ports 80 and 3074 need to be open.

It might just be a random issue with GFLW either and it will fix itself in its own due time.

Oh and Wayne whats your and your brothers GFLW account names.

Mine Stavanger1 if you want play me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Azza wrote: »
    Have you ports open for GFLW.

UDP ports 80 and 3074 need to be open.

It might just be a random issue with GFLW either and it will fix itself in its own due time.

Oh and Wayne whats your and your brothers GFLW account names.

Mine Stavanger1 if you want play me.

I have it set up on mine. Going to be fun talking him through port forwarding on the phone as he's not very tech savvy. My gamertag is wayne040576 his is darrenn12. I added you already but don't expect an immediate response from my brother!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

had a few rage inducing matches there in ranked mode. I can see all forms of problems cropping up now with this port.

If you run fraps at 30fps it slows the game by half, making you jump like Sim. This slows the other person also if you are playing online. I played against quite a few people where it felt like I was jumping in treacle. It completely threw all my timing off.

There's also no way to detect this as it has nothing to do with pings. All they need now is for someone to release a trainer to macro FADC combos and the game will be ruined.

Otherwise the PC version is excellent as a port. Now if only everyone on here would move over to it so I don't have to play asshats online who are running fraps at 30fps or don't have the know how to turn their graphics down. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But I'm switching over to BlazBlue on PS3 soon...

Have you ordered BlazBlue on import yet?

eBay will never let me down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Don't worry Leimrod.... mine is in the post and on its way. Infact it should be here early next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭FutureTaoiseach

The great thing is you can legally download it on Steam as I did yesterday - subject to paying for it of course. Configuring the joypad was tricky though. For assistance, I am posting a screenshot of the controls to help confugure it properly. When your starting up, a menu including for controls comes up. You can use the image below to help configure it right.
    controls.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The controller config in sf4 is crap. I dont know why they just didint do it like in hd remix where you press the button to configure them. Its also pretty stupid that you have to configure the official sticks. They should have put in a pre made setting for the madcatz sticks.

Again: BlazBlue/Guilty Gear/HD Remix/GGPO/2DF/ANY 2D doujin fighter from the last 10years got it simply right, you just scroll down to the function you want to assign, press the button, done.

Tekken is kind-of there; you hold the button down, THEN scroll through a list of functions to assign to the button. Makes macros like LP+RK easy to configure.

SFIV completely screwed it up, as you have to scroll down the the button itself before selecting from a list. They took the 2D + Tekken approach, but forgot that 2 rights make a wrong.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Again: BlazBlue/Guilty Gear/HD Remix/GGPO/2DF/ANY 2D doujin fighter from the last 10years got it simply right, you just scroll down to the function you want to assign, press the button, done.

Tekken is kind-of there; you hold the button down, THEN scroll through a list of functions to assign to the button. Makes macros like LP+RK easy to configure.

SFIV completely screwed it up, as you have to scroll down the the button itself before selecting from a list. They took the 2D + Tekken approach, but forgot that 2 rights make a wrong.

Joy to key children, joy to key. you can remap the buttons on the keyboard and translate them over to a joypad/arcade stick ;)

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Is there a way to turn off the main menu music?, its really annoying.

What's the deal with variable fps in options. When i put this on i get 30fps. so I left it at fixed and i get the 60fps.

• Advertisement

Set it to fixed, you need a constant 60fps frame rate. Also red what is your GFLW name?

We could try a few games if you liked some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Is there a way to turn off the main menu music?, its really annoying.

On the Xbox version you can stream mp3s and that turns off the game music, but that's it. You could try finding and deleting the main music mp3 and deleting it or replacing it with another mp3.

YAY! mine arrived in the post this morning. Gonna install it in a minute. who should I add?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Kirby wrote: »
    YAY! mine arrived in the post this morning. Gonna install it in a minute. who should I add?

everyone in the addy list thread :pac:

ah so gamertags work the same? save me adding the 360 people? Gotta add the ps3 head like leimrod tho.

Yeah you can use your GT for Xbox Live, you can communicate with any of your friends from either system.

Add Stavanger1 please. :D

If you don't want to go through the hassle of unlocking characters I suggest you download one of the unlockers on the net.

Don't however try and unlock the DLC as your account could be banned for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Azza wrote: »
    If you don't want to go through the hassle of unlocking characters I suggest you download one of the unlockers on the net.

Yeah Kirby add me: leimrod

If you don't feel like grinding the challenges and arcade mode again I can give you the link to the unlocker. I've been using it for the last few days without incident. I'm pretty sure everyone else is also, either that or all the people in G3-E have already unlocked all the high level icons and titles :p

Advertisement