Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

placement for a practical training

• 01-07-2009 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello, I'm new around here. I was recommended to look for help on this discussion board to help me with my request.

I study psychology (B.Sc.) at Friedrich-Schiller University of Jena, Germany. I am in my 4th semester and would like to gain some work experience. Therefore I am looking for a placement on a practical training in the field of psychology preferably in Ireland.

I sent several emails to Irish hospitals which didn't reply in the end.
    Does anyone know any psychotherpeutic practice or hospital (preferably in Dublin or Maynooth) which are willing to let me have an insight in the applied part of psychology? Or can anyone give me a hint where to look for placements for a practical training for about 4 - 6 weeks?

I would be more than grateful for your help!
    So thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I don't think anybody offers placements that are only 4-6 weeks. Most placements are 6 months to a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Hello, I'm new around here. I was recommended to look for help on this discussion board to help me with my request.

I study psychology (B.Sc.) at Friedrich-Schiller University of Jena, Germany. I am in my 4th semester and would like to gain some work experience. Therefore I am looking for a placement on a practical training in the field of psychology preferably in Ireland.

I sent several emails to Irish hospitals which didn't reply in the end.
    Does anyone know any psychotherpeutic practice or hospital (preferably in Dublin or Maynooth) which are willing to let me have an insight in the applied part of psychology? Or can anyone give me a hint where to look for placements for a practical training for about 4 - 6 weeks?

I would be more than grateful for your help!
    So thank you in advance!

Hi there,

I may be able to put you in contact with some addiction treatment programmes that may take you for that amount of time. Its very specific in one sense, but on the other you experience many more issues than just addiction. If your interested PM me and I will forward you the addresses and a contact.

Advertisement