Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asos.com query

• 01-07-2009 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Does anyone know a website, besides asos.com, that sells Asos clothes? I want to order a dress but don't want to have to pay the postage which would be over €10 in case I don't like it and have to send it back. I'm trying to find another site with free or cheaper postage!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I've never come across anywhere with a similar selection for cheaper postage to be honest.

You might find some things in shops locally though, but I'd imagine it will still work out more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Do you mean the postage to you is €10 or the cost of you having to return it is €10? My delivery is always £3.95 and postage back when I have to return things never costs more than €5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

I never ordered from them before but I understood that postage to the UK is £3.95 but to Ireland is £9.95?

I have seen the dress on Ebay for cheaper, think I'll chance ordering from there instead.

Postage for me is always £3.95. I'm in Cork. I don't know why I'm charged £3.95 but I just checked again and it's still showing up as £3.95.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

I went ahead and ordered the dress I was after last night and was only charged £3.95 for postage. The website definitely states £3.95 for the UK and £9.95 for Europe but I'm not complaining! How long does stuff usually take to arrive?

• Advertisement

Yeah Irish customers don't seem to be charged as being in Europe. My items usually arrive in 4-5 days.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Another ASOS query here, I've a load of stuff in my cart [got a bif carried away :)] But for some reason it won't let me register my BOI Laser/Maestro card?
    Has anyone else had this problem? And what did you do.
    I'm afraid my stuff will be gone if I dotn sort this out :(

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

It should work. When I was changing my card, I had to enter it twice before it was recognised. Give it another go.
    I only ever get charged 5e for delivery and the last time my order came in 2 days. Delighted! I find them brilliant.

I entered it a few times and still wouldn't accept it :( Thanks tho Pjays

Now I have a cc and it is still giving me hassle, won't let me place the order keeps going on about some code that I dont have in but that I need to click another delivery options but I have my standard delivery option clicked but stupid error comes up every time I try to "place order" :( Not a good start to my first time using asos that's for sure....

I don't think that asos accepts Irish Laser/Maestro. I think that Irish Maestro only works in shops in foreign countries, not websites for some reason. There have been a few threads on this in different forums

Is that code that you are missing the 3 digits on the back of the credit card?

• Advertisement

janeybabe wrote: »
    I don't think that asos accepts Irish Laser/Maestro. I think that Irish Maestro only works in shops in foreign countries, not websites for some reason. There have been a few threads on this in different forums

Is that code that you are missing the 3 digits on the back of the credit card?

Ok thanks janeybabe.

No its saying: "The following errors have occured:* Sorry, discount code NEXTDAY is not valid for the delivery method selected. Please select correct delivery method and try again"

Even tho I don't have a discount code in and I have selected standard delivery as it is the only option I have.

Lady wrote: »
    Ok thanks janeybabe.

No its saying: "The following errors have occured:* Sorry, discount code NEXTDAY is not valid for the delivery method selected. Please select correct delivery method and try again"

Even tho I don't have a discount code in and I have selected standard delivery as it is the only option I have.

Oh right yeah, seems to be a problem with the website itself. Can you go back to the shopping cart and start the payment process again?

Arghhh I emptied my basket and chose them all again, had to be quick cause I have the last two of 2 dresses I really want :/
    And it's STILL saying it :( I'm so annoyed, I had heard such great things about this site and spent the morning picking out lovely clothes and it won't even work :(

That is very annoying. I've never had that problem before. Can you email them? The clothes in your shopping bag should stay there for a good while and they might get back to you before then.

I did email them about an hour ago and I have heard nothing back yet. I guess I can only wait, very annoying tho, really liked those 2 dresses :(

/sigh....silly asos, not a good start

It is very annoying because they are usually so good.

Finally I got my order through!!

I opened up asos on IE instead of Firefox and I put STANDARD in the code box, now I don't know which of these made it work but it did :D now here's hoping there is enough money on my brothers credit card!! hah

Thanks for all the help janeybabe :D

Delighted if worked for you. Now you can look forward to the packages arriving! :D

Advertisement