Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Design error - warning

Options
  • 01-07-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Unfortunately, I need to make people aware of lack of competence at the Panelling centre in Santry. I recently got a kitchen designed and what was delivered did not match design. The exact measurements were provided and 'human error' was the only explanation I received, resulting in me having to buy extra presses and skirting boards.

Ensure your design and measurement are met so these extra costs are not sprung on you at the last minute.

Jaker.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You shouldn't have had to buy anything extra because of their mistake. Make them pay for anything that has to be done. If they don't, then use the Small Claims Court (as long as it's under 2000 euro).

If you've accepted the work as it is, then there may not be anything you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,190 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Don't think you need to warn people mate.

They fécked up and made you pay the extra costs, most people would have told them go jump.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You shouldn't have forked out more money as it was there fault

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jaker

I shouldn't have forked out definitley.

I supposse the warning is to not assume design is all cracked up to be, each item on a detailed order form needs to be checked against measurements of room either with builder or not.....

Advertisement