Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch in laminate flooring

Options
  • 01-07-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Does anyone if I can do anything to a scratch in lamanate flooring? I know with wood floors you put butter on it and it reduces the appearance but is there anything similar with lamanate? Its to take the white colour from it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Not much can be done that why i used semi solid. I did use silicone ivory on my first floor it was ok and held but got a little dirty after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

you can buy a special filler for it.comes with different colour wax sticks ,which are heated and melt in to scratch.they work well.
    should be ableto get them in most builders providers that sell floors

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

mint man wrote: »
    you can buy a special filler for it.comes with different colour wax sticks ,which are heated and melt in to scratch.they work well.
    should be ableto get them in most builders providers that sell floors

Actually they sound good. A friend was to use them he said he would prime the surface first by rubbing it with the stick so to speak. Have not had the oppertunity to try them myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Thanks a mil, will try the wax thing.

If that doesn't work would fine sawdust and pva glue work (we did this in woodwork classes to put in joints with a wide space :D)

Advertisement