Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Holiday Accommodation - West Cork

Options
  • 01-07-2009 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi. We are 2 adults 2 children & 1 dog planning a trip to west cork mid august - any suggestions re place / accomodation. A lot of it booked out already unfortunatley. Would like rural and near beach. Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

inchydoney barleycove and allihies are all close tho the beach.#
    cape clear , baltimore , sherkin , schull ,bantry and glengariff are also very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 eleanora

inchydoney barleycove and allihies are all close tho the beach.#
    cape clear , baltimore , sherkin , schull ,bantry and glengariff are also very nice

Thanks tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

eleanora wrote: »
    Hi. We are 2 adults 2 children & 1 dog planning a trip to west cork mid august - any suggestions re place / accomodation. A lot of it booked out already unfortunatley. Would like rural and near beach. Thanks a mill

+1 barleycove

the g/f and her family stayed there last year (i wasnt there personally) and loved it, a big clean beach and nice holiday homes,i think the holiday homes are part of a hotel there,

as she put it "its in the middle of nowhere" so it shouldnt be that busy in august,

inchydoney is nice but it is packed as soon as the sun comes out!

barleycove is a good spin from cork though,i think its near 2 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭targus

Barleycove's beach is fantastic but there is not a whole lot else going on.Schull is a fantastic little village with many pubs and eateries.Nice harbour and very scenic..its only a short drive to Barleycove from there if you wish to visit the beach.

As far as I can remember the 2nd week in August,Schull holds a Regatta,so you might br better aiming for the last 2..

Advertisement