Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rudest celeb you've met?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Heard bad things bout 'Saint' Paulie during the week. Rude & obnoxious to staff.

I imagine Paul Young always treated his staff well. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭Jude13

Heard bad things bout 'Saint' Paulie during the week. Rude & obnoxious to staff.

Pray tell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Jude13 wrote: »
    Pray tell
    First of all who is Saint Paulie ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

blinding wrote: »
    First of all who is Saint Paulie ?
    Think he may be alluding to Paul o Connell, former Munster rugby player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

tipptom wrote: »
    Think he may be alluding to Paul o Connell, former Munster rugby player.

I thought it was Paul McCartney!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,247 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Evan Dando back in 2007. He was saying at the Warwick in salthill. I had been a huge fan of his since I was teenager. I saw the gig and was staying in the hotel and turned out he was as well. It was obvious where his room was as the door was open and the room noisy. I asked for an autograph and he ripped part of his pizza box and started to sign it. I asked if I could have it on a piece of paper that I could keep. He looked at me disgusted and walked off leaving me standing there.

I get he was probably sick of signing autographs, but a pizza box covered in bits of food.... ?? I imagine I was meant to feel grateful for anything. No thanks.
    sounds like a legendary encounter to me!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Yeah he has a reputation for it all right,gave this lad a terrible time.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭anmhi02

Met Pat Shortt recently at junction 14.....got a pic taken with my son. He was nothing short of a gentleman! Lovely lovely man :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Have rarely heard anyone say a good word about Ronan O Gara.I knew this girl who used to work in a pub that he'd frequent.She said he had a habit of tearing up beermats while chatting to his buddies and leaving all the torn up pieces on the floor for the staff to clear up afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

darkdubh wrote: »
    Have rarely heard anyone say a good word about Ronan O Gara.I knew this girl who used to work in a pub that he'd frequent.She said he had a habit of tearing up beermats while chatting to his buddies and leaving all the torn up pieces on the floor for the staff to clear up afterwards.
    Thats probably why that Aussie fella gave him a good hammering a few years back:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,247 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

RIP Cilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

This makes for an interesting read.The amount of times Cilla Black turns up is unreal,she sounds like an utterly vile person.

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs-10.html

yes RIP Cilla :cool:

Lars and James from Metallica - Lars was cool, James was a little more sarcastic.

thats funny i would have been the other way around with them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Met tubrity in the living room nightclub off o Connel street. He was happy to take a photo with us and countless others all night.

If I were a celeb, I know I'd tell someone to feck off eventually and let my enjoy my night out so I think people should take their negative celeb experiences with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭teadrinker96

I don't know if you could really call him a celebrity but I guess he is kind of an internet one -met yer man Cian Twomey on a night out a while ago in Cork and he was nothing short of a díck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Someone asked me for my autograph at a gig a last year.

I happily obliged and took photos with them! I have absolutely no idea who they think I am as I'm definitely not famous.

Hopefully they're no just sophisticated identity thieves!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

I don't know if you could really call him a celebrity but I guess he is kind of an internet one -met yer man Cian Twomey on a night out a while ago in Cork and he was nothing short of a díck

Yeah I get that impression. I really liked his videos at first but he seems to have gotten caught up in the hype and let it go to his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

who is he ???. From what the pictures i saw of him he looks like a twat. Some people cant get a job yet people like him make money off the net. theres no god lol or else hes just a cruel bastard lol

you get GAA players who lost games/won games out signing atutographs for fans. there the real celebs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Someone asked me for my autograph at a gig a last year.

I happily obliged and took photos with them! I have absolutely no idea who they think I am as I'm definitely not famous.

Hopefully they're no just sophisticated identity thieves!

LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

PTH2009 wrote: »
    who is he ???. From what the pictures i saw of him he looks like a twat. Some people cant get a job yet people like him make money off the net. theres no god lol or else hes just a cruel bastard lol

you get GAA players who lost games/won games out signing atutographs for fans. there the real celebs

No..they're really not.

A celeb is a well known famous person. GAA players are not celebs. That cian towmey fella mentioned above is more a celeb

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

MarkY91 wrote: »
    GAA players are not celebs.

They are as much celebs as anyone else :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    They are as much celebs as anyone else :confused:
    Ah,when they are down in the local talking about hang sangwiches and Heifers,it kinda take the rub of Hollywood of them.

No..they're really not.

A celeb is a well known famous person. GAA players are not celebs. That cian towmey fella mentioned above is more a celeb

I'm from Cork and I've never heard of him.What is he,a Youtube vlogger or whatever its called?

I'm from Cork and I've never heard of him.What is he,a Youtube vlogger or whatever its called?

Yeah kinda he puts funny videos up on facebook and has almost 2 million followers :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Yeah kinda he puts funny videos up on facebook and has almost 2 million followers :P
    FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Personally, would have to be Catherine Zeta Jones, stuck up cow.

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Personally, would have to be Catherine Zeta Jones, stuck up cow.

Tell us more.

Squaredude wrote: »
    FYP

glad its just not me then...funny is one thing there not!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

twomey is a dickhead, lest said about him the better rather than feed his over inflated ego.
    A few lads i know who met him in cork felt the same way about him

aaronc182 wrote: »
    glad its just not me then...funny is one thing there not!

ah no, he might be a príck but some of his videos are gas you have to admit!
    twomey is a dickhead, lest said about him the better rather than feed his over inflated ego.
    A few lads i know who met him in cork felt the same way about him

yeah he's pretty much in love with himself :o letting the fame get to his head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Tell us more.

<SNIP>

Just looked this twomey fella up on youtube. He's got like one video up. What am I missing here?

Wright wrote: »
    Just looked this twomey fella up on youtube. He's got like one video up. What am I missing here?

haha no look him up on facebook :p mr cian twomey

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    <SNIP>

So you've never actually met her?

haha no look him up on facebook :p mr cian twomey

Usually a facebook page compliments a youtube personality; how come its the other way round here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

anmhi02 wrote: »
    Met Pat Shortt recently at junction 14.....got a pic taken with my son. He was nothing short of a gentleman! Lovely lovely man :-)

Have you read the thread title?

Have you read the thread title?

Time for a 'rudest boards member' thread.

Eeesh that's gonna be a long one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

No..they're really not.

??? Who is well known to you may not be well known to others. The word celeb is a ridiculous word now, especially in the context it is used now. In Ireland more people would know high profile GAA players and even lower profile than the likes of that unfunny repetitive tw@t Cian Twomey.

??? Who is well known to you may not be well known to others. The word celeb is a ridiculous word now, especially in the context it is used now. In Ireland more people would know high profile GAA players and even lower profile than the likes of that unfunny repetitive tw@t Cian Twomey.

Good point.There a lot of people,not necessarily older folk,who don't use social media like FB.They would have no idea who Cian Twomey is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Good point.There a lot of people,not necessarily older folk,who don't use social media like FB.They would have no idea who Cian Twomey is.

Lucky b#$&@€;£s !!! Ha!

That guy who played the father of the Northside family in Upwardly Mobile moved to my hometown some years ago.He made this odd, sarcastic remark to me coming out of the toilet of a pub when I was going in one time.My Dad knows him a bit and said hes a right prat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Brian Kerr. My sister asked him would he mind posing for a photo with her. His response. "I'm off for a piss"....and ploughed past her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Brian Kerr. My sister asked him would he mind posing for a photo with her. His response. "I'm off for a piss"....and ploughed past her

If you gotta go you gotta go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Used to be a postman and met a few people on my travels. Gay Byrne was lovely, as was Colin Farrell. Met Colin Farrell in a pub a few years ago too and he was down to earth then too. Chatted a bit and pretty sure we had a pint together. Nice guy.

Delivered a package to that wan that owns Dunne's Stores. Can't remember her name. She was kinda rude but I didn't expect her to be in a great mood at 7:30am anyway.

Met Bono as I was walking by their studio on my way home from school. Loads of Spaniards and Portuguese people mobbing him for a pic. I walked by and shouted "Bono, my brother's a huge fan and is going to see you in a few weeks, can I get an autograph for him?". He looks and grabs my page, signs it and hands it back. "Tell him I said hi" and then hands me a pair of his shades. Just then one guy shouts "BONO GIVE ME SUNGLASSES PLEEEASEEEE" and he took the sunglasses from me and gave them to the guy. Maybe the guy would have a appreciated them a bit more than my brother but still... little bit rude. Oh well. Got an auto at least.

Saw Brendan O'Connor on Grafton Street leaning against McDonalds. He looked like a member of the US Secret Service with his black shades and shiftily scanning the street to make sure he didn't get noticed. He did, a lot.

Just to keep up the trend, Cian Twoomey seems like a cunt. Probably is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ally Dick wrote: »

A lot of people have very good and very bad experiences with Kerr, having met him loads of times to me it just confirms what I think of him myself, he really is just a normal man tbh. Sometimes he is in a **** mood, sometimes he is grand :)

He doesn't have much time for "celebrity" in my experience, that stuff just doesn't matter to him.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A lot of people have very good and very bad experiences with Kerr, having met him loads of times to me it just confirms what I think of him myself, he really is just a normal man tbh. Sometimes he is in a **** mood, sometimes he is grand :)

He doesn't have much time for "celebrity" in my experience, that stuff just doesn't matter to him.

I'd agree 100% with that. I saw a clip once of Kerr doing a press conference when he was managing the senior Irish soccer team, he was there with the FAI people in a hotel somewhere, it was pretty run of the mill stuff, no major announcements.

However at the end of the pressie it seemed that every single journalist present was promised an 'exclusive' interview so Kerr had to sit there doing one on ones and endure almost an hour of self-important little pricks asking the same questions over and over again - all so that their editors could print 'speaking exclusively to (e.g. the Irish Daily Mail), the Irish manager Brian Kerr said .......'

When journo number 7 or 8 was wheeled in, Kerr finally cracked under the tedium of it all, got up and declared: 'I'm off'. That was the start of the breakdown in the 'relationship' (if there ever was one) between the press and Kerr after which the only story they ran was discussing how much longer before the FAI fired him. When you have to deal with the press on a daily basis and their attitude is that your job is theirs to give and take away, it's no wonder he didn't have much time for 'celebrity'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 oliviablond

Definitely Twink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Definitely Twink

Ah come on now, let's have the story!

Definitely Twink

Well I'll be damned,I could have sworn she was mentioned in this thread before.

Have any of these people who keep posting Twink actually met her?I think theyre just half reading the thread title and missing the "you've met" bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement