Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

wprathead wrote: »

You mean Glenn "Disabled people are paying for sins in past life" Hoddle isn't a nice person:pac:

He was very distant when I encountered him, he must have been trying to figure out what I'd done in a previous life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Not really a Celeb but served Ronnie Drew one day in work and he was one of the rudest customers I've served.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

Ray Foley is a tw@t. You would think he'd be full of the craic but no, didnt want to acknowledge anyone. Same with Georgia Salpa actually. Grainne Seoige is lovely, met her with Paul Galvin who is actually a sound fella as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

ricero wrote: »
    i met bono a good few times as he use to attend my primary school sports days as his 2 daughters attended my school. such a down to earth man really genuine nice fella

I thought this was supposed to be a thread for rudest celebs you've ever met:eek:?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jemmy wrote: »
    Not really a Celeb but served Ronnie Drew one day in work and he was one of the rudest customers I've served.

My mother worked in a Dublin music shop in the 80s that he used to visit. She said that he was always incredibly rude to the employees, making nasty remarks and just being a grade A arsehole about everything.

On the other hand Bono also frequented the store and she said that he was never anything less than a perfect gent to everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Ray Foley is a tw@t. You would think he'd be full of the craic but no, didnt want to acknowledge anyone. Same with Georgia Salpa actually. Grainne Seoige is lovely, met her with Paul Galvin who is actually a sound fella as well.

Where did you meet Ms Salpa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Selina.

Martin King TV 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Selina.

Martin King TV3 very rude, Britney Spears very nice and friendly, Brendan O' Connor very nice, Louis Walsh nice and polite, Brendan Kilkenny very nice man:-), Ray D'Arcy quite ignorant, Nicole Sherzinger very friendly also..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Have to disagree about Martin King, he was lovely when I met him

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭WhatAMelon

Lorraine Kelly, Barack Obama, Stephen Hawking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

I know this is a rudist celeb thread, but there are a few rude Irish rugby celeb post.

In contrast I met Leo Cullan and Johnathon Sexton in Cardiff on the street after the Wales Ireland match they lost. This was about 1 in the morning, and I was pissed. They were both really pleasant and not at all rude, considering they must have been in a foul humor to be dealing with drunk people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

WhatAMelon wrote: »
    Lorraine Kelly, Barack Obama, Stephen Hawking.

Obama was rude:eek:?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Michael Jordan complete asshole.
    Neil Armstrong very nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Squaredude wrote: »

Well known for being one, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭MOSSAD

Paul Simon, Alan Alda and Judy Woodruff(PBS Newhshour Anchor)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Selina. wrote: »
    Martin King TV3 very rude, Britney Spears very nice and friendly, Brendan O' Connor very nice, Louis Walsh nice and polite,Brendan Kilkenny very nice man:-), Ray D'Arcy quite ignorant, Nicole Sherzinger very friendly also..

Celebrity???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

giddybootz wrote: »
    The Brian guy who used to be in Westlife is a rude, egotistical ass.

I met Brian McFadden in Tesco in Greystones years ago and he was lovely.. I was an excited 10 or 11 year old mega-fan at the time though.. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doozer16

Cristiano Ronaldo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Don't know if you could call him a clebrity as such but Paddy Keenan,who's a well regarded uilean piper crashed on my sofa one night years ago.I did it as a favour to a friend who knew him.He(Keenan) was plastered drunk and was one of the rudest people I've ever met.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Sorry ,noticed there were 999 posts.Couldent resist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Neil Armstrong very nice guy.

You met Michael Jordan, I envy you greatly. He has to be my all time hero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

buyer95 wrote: »
    You met Michael Jordan, I envy you greatly. He has to be my all time hero
    Well if you want him to remain your hero I suggest never meeting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Well if you want him to remain your hero I suggest never meeting him.

You're right: He's a complete asshole, and money-grubbing hypocrite to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

wernstrom! wrote: »
    You're right: He's a complete asshole, and money-grubbing hypocrite to boot.
    Most celebrities are ****, hell I don't even watch stars from my fav TV shows when they're doing interviews with Jonathan Ross or the like anymore because of how sickening they come across on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭shannonman81

Worked in Shannon Airport in 2000(i think it was may have been later) and the munster rugby team were coming through...Stringer and Rog were complete Ghoulbags..In fact most of them were...

Met declan o'rourke on numorous occasions..lovely fella..Always got a strange vibe of Paddy Casey not quite an assh0le but maybe just shy.

Was in Paris many years ago walking down the champs-elysees and Halle Berry came out of a shop...we were on a school tour so it was about 10 teenagers staring at her...she was so sound stopped for a chat and a few photos and easily the best looking woman i have ever seen...you cant begin to comprehend how hot she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Met Delores O'Riordan in a bar in town. Cant remember the name it was owned by a racing driver. She was quite nice actually seemed a quiet well grounded woman

Bumped into Niamh Cassidy from Fair City "Clelia Murphy" she looks like a moody so and so on the programme and was amused to see she is like that in real life also. Held open a door for her, didnt actually realise it was her until she was near. A thank you was a grunt and a sour puss:P maybe a bad day for her though so i forgive :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Embojitsu

Minnie Driver - absolute thundering b*tch. I was an extra on one of her films and she totally humiliated another extra on set, in front of loads of people. Complete diva behaviour, every time I saw her. I can't abide her or her films. No wonder Matt Damon dumped her live on Oprah.

Anne Hathaway - not unpleasant, but very unapproachable.

Hugh Dancey - absolutely lovely. A really nice guy.

Dave Grohl - was offering lifts to people to go to Witnness a good few years back. Still disgusted with myself that my answer was "I have to work". Oddly, no one else took him up on the offer either. Seemed too good to be true! Also really handsome with a knock-out smile.

David O'Doherty - incredible guy. Really warm and friendly, and seems to make time for everyone.

Gemma Hayes - what a lady. She played a gig in my home town and had a bad cold. It didn't stop her making time for everyone for ages after her gig and was really friendly and approachable. Bloody great gig too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Worked in Shannon Airport in 2000(i think it was may have been later) and the munster rugby team were coming through...Stringer and Rog were complete Ghoulbags..In fact most of them were...

Met declan o'rourke on numorous occasions..lovely fella..Always got a strange vibe of Paddy Casey not quite an assh0le but maybe just shy.

Was in Paris many years ago walking down the champs-elysees and Halle Berry came out of a shop...we were on a school tour so it was about 10 teenagers staring at her...she was so sound stopped for a chat and a few photos and easily the best looking woman i have ever seen...you cant begin to comprehend how hot she was.

Paddy Casey is notoriously shy by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

all the girls off xpose (tv3 programe) are really nice & friendly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

marwelie wrote: »
    Met Glenn Hoddle about ten years ago before a Utd v Chelsea match at Old Trafford. Can't think of a nice thing to say about him....I also met Donovan after a gig in Liverpool, same applies. Still waiting for the autograph he promised me, last time I saw him he was heading to the American Bar in the Adelphi Hotel, for all I know he could still be there....
    ah i am in utter shock that Donovan is not nice

Advertisement