Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That guy who played the father of the Northside family in Upwardly Mobile moved to my hometown some years ago.He made this odd, sarcastic remark to me coming out of the toilet of a pub when I was going in one time.My Dad knows him a bit and said hes a right prat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Brian Kerr. My sister asked him would he mind posing for a photo with her. His response. "I'm off for a piss"....and ploughed past her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Brian Kerr. My sister asked him would he mind posing for a photo with her. His response. "I'm off for a piss"....and ploughed past her

If you gotta go you gotta go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Used to be a postman and met a few people on my travels. Gay Byrne was lovely, as was Colin Farrell. Met Colin Farrell in a pub a few years ago too and he was down to earth then too. Chatted a bit and pretty sure we had a pint together. Nice guy.

Delivered a package to that wan that owns Dunne's Stores. Can't remember her name. She was kinda rude but I didn't expect her to be in a great mood at 7:30am anyway.

Met Bono as I was walking by their studio on my way home from school. Loads of Spaniards and Portuguese people mobbing him for a pic. I walked by and shouted "Bono, my brother's a huge fan and is going to see you in a few weeks, can I get an autograph for him?". He looks and grabs my page, signs it and hands it back. "Tell him I said hi" and then hands me a pair of his shades. Just then one guy shouts "BONO GIVE ME SUNGLASSES PLEEEASEEEE" and he took the sunglasses from me and gave them to the guy. Maybe the guy would have a appreciated them a bit more than my brother but still... little bit rude. Oh well. Got an auto at least.

Saw Brendan O'Connor on Grafton Street leaning against McDonalds. He looked like a member of the US Secret Service with his black shades and shiftily scanning the street to make sure he didn't get noticed. He did, a lot.

Just to keep up the trend, Cian Twoomey seems like a cunt. Probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ally Dick wrote: »

A lot of people have very good and very bad experiences with Kerr, having met him loads of times to me it just confirms what I think of him myself, he really is just a normal man tbh. Sometimes he is in a **** mood, sometimes he is grand :)

He doesn't have much time for "celebrity" in my experience, that stuff just doesn't matter to him.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A lot of people have very good and very bad experiences with Kerr, having met him loads of times to me it just confirms what I think of him myself, he really is just a normal man tbh. Sometimes he is in a **** mood, sometimes he is grand :)

He doesn't have much time for "celebrity" in my experience, that stuff just doesn't matter to him.

I'd agree 100% with that. I saw a clip once of Kerr doing a press conference when he was managing the senior Irish soccer team, he was there with the FAI people in a hotel somewhere, it was pretty run of the mill stuff, no major announcements.

However at the end of the pressie it seemed that every single journalist present was promised an 'exclusive' interview so Kerr had to sit there doing one on ones and endure almost an hour of self-important little pricks asking the same questions over and over again - all so that their editors could print 'speaking exclusively to (e.g. the Irish Daily Mail), the Irish manager Brian Kerr said .......'

When journo number 7 or 8 was wheeled in, Kerr finally cracked under the tedium of it all, got up and declared: 'I'm off'. That was the start of the breakdown in the 'relationship' (if there ever was one) between the press and Kerr after which the only story they ran was discussing how much longer before the FAI fired him. When you have to deal with the press on a daily basis and their attitude is that your job is theirs to give and take away, it's no wonder he didn't have much time for 'celebrity'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 oliviablond

Definitely Twink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Definitely Twink

Ah come on now, let's have the story!

Definitely Twink

Well I'll be damned,I could have sworn she was mentioned in this thread before.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Have any of these people who keep posting Twink actually met her?I think theyre just half reading the thread title and missing the "you've met" bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Have any of these people who keep posting Twink actually met her?I think theyre just half reading the thread title and missing the "you've met" bit.

I know someone who met her a few months ago, said she was very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

ChopShop wrote: »
    I know someone who met her a few months ago, said she was very friendly.
    Was she trying to sell them fairy cakes?

My dad met Christy Moore in a pub London early in his career must have been the 70s and in his words he was an arrogant fcuker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

twink told me to zip up my mickey
    You had your beer glasses on at the time.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

darkdubh wrote: »
    My dad met Christy Moore in a pub London early in his career must have been the 70s and in his words he was an arrogant fcuker.

He still is:mad: He's even worse since he gave up the beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Evan Dando back in 2007. He was saying at the Warwick in salthill. I had been a huge fan of his since I was teenager. I saw the gig and was staying in the hotel and turned out he was as well. It was obvious where his room was as the door was open and the room noisy. I asked for an autograph and he ripped part of his pizza box and started to sign it. I asked if I could have it on a piece of paper that I could keep. He looked at me disgusted and walked off leaving me standing there.

I get he was probably sick of signing autographs, but a pizza box covered in bits of food.... ?? I imagine I was meant to feel grateful for anything. No thanks.

Surely if you're going to ask someone for an autograph, it's up to you to have something for them to sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Louis Walsh ... my 11 year old self was gutted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Kian Egan wasn't particularly nice even before he was in Westlife. I always thought Mark Feehily was a lovely guy.

I'm actually glad to hear Kian Egan is a knob! Every time I see him on "The Voice" he makes my skin crawl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Louis Walsh ... my 11 year old self was gutted

He fakes that he is this cuddly guy on the late late,but just goes to show.Sociopaths are charming as they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

Linda Martin or Twink (A close call, as I've seen both of them being pretty rude).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Linda Martin or Twink (A close call, as I've seen both of them being pretty rude).

The Linda Martin / Twink ones are obvious and dont need emphasising at this stage I think! :pac:
    In fact there should be a separate forum for "Obviously rude natured celebs you met who were somewhat bearable in your presence"!
    Doubt they will get a mention in that, however! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I think to work for RTE you must be a dickhead in some capacity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

chicorytip wrote: »
    I think to work for RTE you must be a dickhead in some capacity

Either that or a Homosexual!

What???

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

It's gas because I have actually met Twink and her daughter Chloe Agnew when I was shopping with my mam once in New Look in Jervis and she was an absolute nightmare. She was screaming around the shop at the shop assistants and at one point she was in the same section we were in and she asked my mam if she could see a certain top on the rack for her and my mam just said, 'And whats wrong with your eyes?'. Never laughed so hard in my life, Her daughter was also so stuck up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

ha, your ma was a bit of a.................also there :D

Twink talked to her like a piece of sh1t so she was gonna bite back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

This isn't the pub. Some of you should be more mindful of your language.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Louis walsh extremely rude. alan hughes sneers when he talks to people. ACTUALLY they are very alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

roger moore he looked totally different in real life but i still recognised him but e kept saying his name was george o rielly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Louis walsh extremely rude. alan hughes sneers when he talks to people. ACTUALLY they are very alike.
    Alan Hughes? I thought we were talking about celebrities?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Not me but was on a Reddit thread a year or two back where people called out their rudest celebrity encounter. A guy had mentioned he attended Chevy Chases daughters graduation party back in the mid 90s where she threw a house party, the house absolutely trashed.The following morning bodies everywhere, the guy wakes with up Chevy Chase standing over him, kicks him in the stomach and screams at him to get the **** outta his house.

Advertisement