Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms / Leisure Centres in South Kerry

Options
  • 01-07-2009 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hey everyone!

I'll be heading down from Dublin to the Waterville / Ballinaskelligs area for a few weeks this summer. Just wondering if anyone could let me know where the nearest gym and or leisure centre is located? Came across Fit Body Fitness and Sports Centre in Killorglin, but not sure how long the drive is to there.

Anyone can help me it'd be much appreciated!!!

Thanks a mil in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

well since none of the Kerry heads are going to answer you Rebel city, a Cork man will have too...:)

Drive from Killorglin to Waterville is about 3/4 to 1 hour and about the same from Bally.

Not sure of any other gyms around there (i'm not a gym man! :D) but there's always a good few cars outside of the killorglin place so I imagine the facilities must be good enough but couldn't tell you any more than that. Sorry.

Although if you're looking for a nice swimming pool, Ballinaskelligs beach is lovely for a swim and free!

Enjoy the hols

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I haven't tried the Killorglin Gym (which is attached to the Laune Rangers football ground on the Iveragh Road, soon after you enter Killorglin from the Cahirciveen direction); but I have heard very good reports of it.
    This is because I have an unexpired membership at the Killarney Leisure Centre until September, and I'm trying to get my moneysworth out of this. But as soon as this is over, I'll be trying the Killorglin Gym as (if nothing else) it's less than five minutes away from home. My informant mentioned €25.00 per month for use of the gym, which sounds very reasonable.
    If you're staying in the Ballinskelligs area you might find Killarney too far to travel, but the facilities at the Gym at the Leisure Centre (on your right on the bypass road heading towards Cork) are very good indeed. There's a trainer called Andrew who is extremely helpful if you need any guidance. The pool is very good too - there's been another thread on the Killarney centre elsewhere in this forum about a year ago - I couldn't find the link in a quick search just now. This was mostly positive but there have been a few unwanted guests there from time to time. This happens in most places and we've never found it too much of a problem - there's a lot of nice people too.

Good luck and keep fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

not sure but I would imagine there must be on in Cahersiveen as well, I'd guess St. Marys GAA club would have one, which would be a whole lot easier for you than traveling all the way to killorglin.
    Your best bet would probably be to make inquiries when you get down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Rebel_City

Thanks a mil for the replies! I'm going to buy free weights in Argos before I head down. If I can manage the gym in Killorglin or find on closer, I won't use the weights and return them!! :)

Another question - not on gyms though. Anyone know what the mobile coverage is like around there? Ballinaskelligs/Waterville region?

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Pat4780

Just wondering if there are any decent weight lifting / resistance gyms in south kerry..not hotel gyms..?????/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Pat4780 wrote: »
    Just wondering if there are any decent weight lifting / resistance gyms in south kerry..not hotel gyms..?????/

I'm biased, but Sporty's in Killarney.

Advertisement