Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP Main Event Last Longest Competition

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

ElkY Goes the Way of the Dodo
    A very short-stacked Bertrand "Elky" Grospellier never fully recovered from that three-way pot where Scott Cook "just couldn't do it". He got his last chips in preflop with the same hand he held in the three-way pot, AsKh . This time Scott Sitron woke up with KcKd . Grospellier couldn't find an ace on a board of 3d2s2h6hJd . Neither could the dealer, so he pushed to the pot to Sitron, leaving Grospellier busto.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

JC Tran has been eliminated by Dennis Phillips from the Main Event in 108th place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

To answer, when u go out you stay at your table, not long wasnt 20 seconds until you are brought to a person on a laptop and they give you a slip with your finishing position and monies on a card. its just unlucky wolves, it was very close to the same time we went out but the offcal result is all that you can go on imo.

Kenny Tran Eliminated
    Just now Kenny Tran had his below average stack all in before the flop with Ad5d and was up against Joseph Cada's 8c8h.

The board came 4s3c3d9h6c, and after another deep Main Event run Tran is out in 86th place.

Cada now has 2.58 million.

• Advertisement

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Wolves wrote: »
    Also if it is going to stand as it is then that's fine.

In fairness if Nicky had not mentioned this we would have went on the placing only and Andy wins. But as this other information has come up I think maybe it's not this simple.

Maybe Glowingmind could add what he thinks.

I think, as Nicky said, you can only go on the official record. I don't think anyone expected it to come down as close as it did, but if it was known in advance that there might be a photo finish, I think the offical record is all that can be used. Unless Nicky knows the exact time he got knocked out, and Andy knows exactly what time he got knocked out.

On a separate note, thanks to strewelpeter for organising this.

Side note: Andy Black was not my first choice, Lurker beat me to Donnacha O'Dea by about 15 seconds so i had to change my pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Wolves

ok so. wd to glowingmind and lurker and ty to strewelpeter for organising.

i got a good run from my horseys anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

gg,

i had kenny tran -v- phil ivey in a seperate prop bet with a mate, pretty sick it came down to that battle in this aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Ivey and Black probably the two paper favs :D

Thanks everyone for taking part.

Lurker PM sent with installment plan :cool:
    I was playing so well until I got sucked out on the FT of a 180 seater last night

• Advertisement

Side note: Andy Black was not my first choice, Lurker beat me to Donnacha O'Dea by about 15 seconds so i had to change my pick.

+1 on the thanks to StrewelPeter for organising this.

Funnily enough I had chosen Donnacha and went back to change to Andy Black when I saw you had already chosen him. Ah well, suppose I can't be too greedy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

I think, as Nicky said, you can only go on the official record. I don't think anyone expected it to come down as close as it did, but if it was known in advance that there might be a photo finish, I think the offical record is all that can be used. Unless Nicky knows the exact time he got knocked out, and Andy knows exactly what time he got knocked out.

Luckbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

+1 Thanks Strewpelter

Final say on all rulings made by the TD.

Advertisement