Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New model Toyota Corolla's being stolen

• 01-07-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Just got word off my manager of all people about the new shape Toyota Corolla's being stolen. He said that his friend had one in Limerick and it was stolen and found burnt out and there was also reports of another 4 being done aswell. I am scared of my car which is one of them being stolen. It is mad how fast they have found out how to break in and drive away to a new car. How do they do it so i could pervent it happening to me. I dont have car long and I dont want it stolen. Hope it hasnt happened to you.:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I haven't heard of it happening but Ireland is one of very few countries in europe where they sell it so security may not be up to the usual standard for Europe. Car crime is non existant in Japan beyond locks and keys, there is very little done to prevent theft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

jhud wrote: »
    Hi All

Just got word off my manager of all people about the new shape Toyota Corolla's being stolen. He said that his friend had one in Limerick and it was stolen and found burnt out and there was also reports of another 4 being done aswell. I am scared of my car which is one of them being stolen. It is mad how fast they have found out how to break in and drive away to a new car. How do they do it so i could pervent it happening to me. I dont have car long and I dont want it stolen. Hope it hasnt happened to you.:(:(

Are you saying that the 5 Toyota's were stolen without keys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Most likely an insurance job if it was burnt out and keys taken when the car is low powered and fairly new. I have yet to hear of a single modern irish car being robbed without the keys taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

If I had a Corolla and someone nicked it I would be torn between calling the Gardai or breaking open the champagne. Sorry OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

The chances are that if these people run out their front door, the stolen cars will still be in sight ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

A gang of senile delinquents, obviously. The stolen cars are probably on a double-yellow outside the post office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

Like johnboy mac asked. Where the cars taken without keys? or did they break into the house and take the keys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the car has an immobiliser, they'll need the key to drive away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

colm_mcm wrote: »

Same spec immobiliser as the Auris?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

That can be dissarmed :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

anyone with the wherewithall to get past a factory fitted immmobiliser isn't just going to rob a car and burn it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

anyone with the wherewithall to get past a factory fitted immmobiliser isn't just going to rob a car and burn it out.
    There are plenty of scum bags that would do just that for the bragging rights of being able to say they could nick it:rolleyes:

I think you'll find the scumbags with that level of expertise/equipment will sell the cars for parts and make money. the brainless scum that steal a car to burn it out for the craic will go for the easy way and steal the keys from the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

First thing an insurance assesor will ask if a car is stolen "Where are all the sets of keys..?" I am surprised that a brainless scumbag will be able to steal a modern car without the keys...!

I had a number of 80's and 90's Vauxhalls ... Real easy to get into and get going without keys ...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭schoolbag2

There are plenty of scum bags that would do just that for the bragging rights of being able to say they could nick it:rolleyes:

and i doubt these people would target a corolla:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jhud

I asked my manager if the keys were taken but he didnt know the answer to that. But i didnt think they would be able to get past the immobiliser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭schoolbag2

jhud wrote: »
    I asked my manager if the keys were taken but he didnt know the answer to that. But i didnt think they would be able to get past the immobiliser.

id imagine that the keys were taken, very few car theifs can bypass a modern immobileser and why bother going to that trouble if its only a corolla and all they are doing is going for a joyride

Advertisement