Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Cap Balbriggan

Options
  • 01-07-2009 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Howdy people !
    Like so many of us I am now out of work and eating into my savings and will not qualify for social welfare for another six~eight weeks . I'd like to talk with another poster who has run the gauntlet of getting benefits .

My main concern is moving to a new rented place in Balbriggan and being able to negotiate the rent with a new landlord. Looking down the road to the next budget cuts along with welfare cuts etc .. I'm in limbo as to what will happen.. Does anyone know off hand what the rent allowance is for Balbriggan or in other words the rent cap for the area...Much appreciate a reply .. thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - You should also check out the State Benefits forum. You may get some useful advice over there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would be interested to know too but from the other side.
    I will be renting out my house from Sept and have no idea what rent here is like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Caps for different areas are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I would be interested to know too but from the other side.
    I will be renting out my house from Sept and have no idea what rent here is like now.

there is a lot of vacant property there due to recent boom. my sis rented out there recently and was happy with the rent she got.

As with renting out any property people will always try and beat you down on price.

but if its the sake of lowereing your price by a hundred euro or spending another 1200 on a mortgage payment it all levels out.

best thing to look on daft.ie or any renting site and see what people are willing to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Tzetze wrote: »
    Caps for different areas are here.

Tzetze you can go to the top of the class for Citizen Information, thank you.

The cap works out for my situation Co Dublin (couple with one child) 930 Euro per month Rent Allowance plus my contribution of 104 euro per month . Now that's not bad .... Okay ... Now all I need is a property with a sea view..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 pollypettal

i know the fingal rent cap for a single parent is 930 but does anyone know what balbriggans cap is its less than 930 is all i know ? thanks so much

Advertisement