Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garage Problems

• 01-07-2009 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Whatever u do stay well away from <modedit> the garage I went to </modedit>, the guys that run it are the biggest gangsta's going! Bought a car of them last fri only to find out that the speddo didn't work properly, drivers window wouldn't close all the way up, back left shock has gone, he wouldn't let us take it for a proper test drive on the motorway otherwise we have noticed these things. Not from Dublin area so we went with his advise and just took it down the road behind the shop as we didn't want to get lost! Now he wont give us our money back and hes trying to dodge us as we said we want everything fixed. Looked up our consumer rights and we are well entitled to to have all the problems fixed and he has to foot the bill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I've broken this post out from another thread because it may deserve discussion on its own merits.
    I've removed the dealer name though - if you don't have everything done-and-dusted yet, you may prejudice your case by discussing it here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Did you not get a gut feeling before you bought the car that they were cowboys?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Smokey1 wrote: »
    Bought a car of them last fri only to find out that the speddo didn't work properly, drivers window wouldn't close all the way up, back left shock has gone, he wouldn't let us take it for a proper test drive on the motorway otherwise we have noticed these things.

Sorry I have to say this---Surely alarm bells would have rung if they wouldnt let you test drive it.The fact that the window wouldnt close would have had me checking things out a bit more.
    How you can blame the garage for you not getting the car checked is just ridiculous.Its your fault not theirs.

Advertisement