Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting NTL to another TV via Coaxial

• 01-07-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Folks, I i run the second scart out of my NTL box into a Video record, and then use the aerial out to run a coaxial cable to another room, do I need then to tune, in that new aerial connection to pick up the signal....that make sense?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

it makes sense, but unless you have another decoder and card you will only get the basic analog channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

nereid wrote: »
    it makes sense, but unless you have another decoder and card you will only get the basic analog channels.

all il lsee is whats currently on the main box, but as i change taht, it will change whats going via output.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

tred wrote: »
    and then use the aerial out to run a coaxial cable to another room

Are you confusing the second SCART output with what you wrote above as the second Aerial output?

The aerial output sends the signal that came from the cable (that comes into your house) to another device (normally your tv's aerial input) so you can watch analog tv channels as well as digital using ch1, ch2, ch3 etc as opposed to EXT1 (scart input) and flicking chanels on the NTL box (with the pink <?> banner telling you what is on).

If you are using the two SCART (wide plastic rectangular) outputs to different locations then yes, you will only get whatever the ntl box is decoding and outputting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

nereid wrote: »
    Are you confusing the second SCART output with what you wrote above as the second Aerial output?

The aerial output sends the signal that came from the cable (that comes into your house) to another device (normally your tv's aerial input) so you can watch analog tv channels as well as digital using ch1, ch2, ch3 etc as opposed to EXT1 (scart input) and flicking chanels on the NTL box (with the pink <?> banner telling you what is on).

If you are using the two SCART (wide plastic rectangular) outputs to different locations then yes, you will only get whatever the ntl box is decoding and outputting.

Got it working. the biggest issue here, was it just stopped working!, so thats what threw me. I am feeding the Second scart into a Video, and from that video running a coaxial out to another TV in another room. I had to tune in the "NTL" coaxial signal into the TV and its working fine now. It means by using a device for remotley changing the channels on main ntl i can now view in another room. There is zero signal degradation using the coaxial out. Tried those wirieless senders and they just didnt work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

going to hi-jack this thread a bit.

Was doing much the same as OP. Feeding second scart into the video and sending it out through co-ax around the house.

My problem is the video was old (very very old) and has given up the ghost and has packed in. Whats the best/cheapest way to convert a scart signal into co-ax.

Do i have to buy a new video player ( i guess a dvd recorder or HDD drive would do the same) but is there a cheaper solution.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement