Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topless sunbathing on holidays??

Options
  • 01-07-2009 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

So girls do you usually go topless when on holidays abroad?? I do, but only if there are plenty of others doing it too and i would only do it while lying down,no wandering down to the water with them out!:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

I don't sunbathe so no I usually lather on the suncream, sit under a umbrella and eat ice-cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Nope, not at all! I don't even like wearing a bikini (I'll put one on if I'm being forced to splash in the pool) so I normally wear tshirt and shorts and lashings of sunblock. I love the feeling of being in the sun but I don't want to tan so I cover up as much as I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭sineadCharl

I don't really to be honest. I just fix the straps on my bikini so I won't be left with tan lines. It's not really a good look.
    It's hilarious walking past a sunlounger and someone is sunbathing topless and lying on their back, their boobs are under their arms! its never a good look. Plus you will end up with boobs like that woman from something about Mary :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Hmm.

I don't sunbathe as I don't tan! Suppose if my mates were doing it and we were on a girls' holiday, I'd do it.

On the basis there was no cameras allowed :P

Otherwise, I'd only expose myself for late-night skinny dipping, following a cocktail or two! :DA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Going toppless sure no issues with that.
    Sunbathing? Dear gods no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

couldnt resist coming in for a look but i'l give you some insight from a lads point of view.

to men, boobs are boobs on holidays! on set although different is just the same as the next. men love them all no matter what.

the reason why im am saying this is that i cant understand why irish women (my GF included) make such a fuss with the girls whether they should go topless or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

ASIL1983 wrote: »
    So girls do you usually go topless when on holidays abroad?? I do, but only if there are plenty of others doing it too and i would only do it while lying down,no wandering down to the water with them out!:eek:

Indeed I do, and out in my back garden. They are only bewbs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Went to Iceland on honeymoon.

Taking a dip in the geothermally heated pools are a must if you're going and most of them require that you get nekkid and shower beforehand. And by shower I mean visibly wash your face, underarms, ass, pussy and feet whilst being watched by someone in a segregrated changing room. Then put your bikini on and hop in.

There were the odd few girls who tried keeping their bikini on, but they were told, follow the rules or no swim.

So worth it though, especially the blue lagoon and their floating massages. Aaah.

Not a sunbather though but I have no probs with having my bewbs on show.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

meh boobs are boobs, I have no problem going topless unless I'm on a group holiday. Just lather on the cream..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Went to Iceland on honeymoon.

Taking a dip in the geothermally heated pools are a must if you're going and most of them require that you get nekkid and shower beforehand. And by shower I mean visibly wash your face, underarms, ass, pussy and feet whilst being watched by someone in a segregrated changing room. Then put your bikini on and hop in.

There were the odd few girls who tried keeping their bikini on, but they were told, follow the rules or no swim.

So worth it though, especially the blue lagoon and their floating massages. Aaah.

Not a sunbather though but I have no probs with having my bewbs on show.

Ummm ... why do you have to get completely naked and shower? What's the problem with leaving the bikini on???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

the video wouldn't sell.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Ummm ... why do you have to get completely naked and shower? What's the problem with leaving the bikini on???

Ask the Icleanders! No one bats an eyelid over there, which is surprising considering it's pretty much always jumper weather in Iceland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Abigayle wrote: »
    Indeed I do, and out in my back garden. They are only bewbs.
    Yes, only bewbs ,heavier on some more than others

:cool:Ah ......memories of Ibiza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Not a hope in hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Nope. Only a select few sets of eyes see my bewbs! :cool: But I don't sunbathe anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

I wouldn't really have an issue with getting my boobies out - but I'm just not a hardcore sunbather, I'd rather be off exploring on holidays (for the brief periods when I'm not drunk/hungover!), I find I get a better tan when I'm wandering around anyways. And I just wear strapless tops to tan my shoulders. Of course my OH laughs at my tanline and white boobs, but I can live with that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

ya i done it for the first time this year when on hols with my OH. i only done it when i saw other people doing it. my guy was fine with it. i even tried it on my balcony the other day as we are about 5 floors up with no other buildings around us. was grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This

I wouldnt even get my stomach out on hols never mind my boobs!!!

Just wouldnt be into it at all.... maybe if I was happier with my body

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Nah not my thing at all, don't really care if other people do it though, each to their own. I just put on my bikini and relax under an umbrella after covering myself in SPF50+ to keep my skin the way I like it, ghostly pale and sexeh :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Meh, wouldn't really be my cup of tea! I'm not into the whole sunbathing thing though so bikini stays firmly on and I find something a tad more interesting to do than lying around!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nope, wouldn't do it - well I hate sunbathing anyway, but just say I liked it...

Can't really explain why I wouldn't do the topless thing. "Boobs are just boobs"... I don't know. Breastfeeding aside, they're still sexual in a lot of contexts - one of which, I think, is sunbathing.

Dudess wrote: »
    Breastfeeding aside, they're still sexual in a lot of contexts - one of which, I think, is sunbathing.

I respect any woman who'd rather not, it really is a personal choice :)

I agree there will always be a sexual attraction to them, but you could be fully clothed and a guy would still gawk at them. I've an awful fear this might take the lads off course here.. but just to make the point :rolleyes:

FAS_Girl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sorry Abi. Did you say something?

Actually Dudess, I take it back. That picture probably made your point better than mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

That top is way to small for that girl Abie . For goodness sake I can see her bewbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ms_Taurus

i've done it in the past when i was younger and my boobs were smaller, still i did not get them tanned. i went topless at home and abroad. now i do not anyone to see them.

now i would not even sunbath in a bikini

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭targus

This wrote: »
    I wouldnt even get my stomach out on hols never mind my boobs!!!

Just wouldnt be into it at all.... maybe if I was happier with my body

I've seen ur picture in 'know your loungers' and to be honest I think your naturally gorgeous..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭winking weber

tinkerbell wrote: »

They dont use chlorine in their pools so you have to be spotlessly clean getting in. Its the norm over there to wash thoroughly naked before getting into the pools. I'd rather do this than bathe in chlorine tbh.

I've no problem with going naked for swimming etc. I'm as likely to be completely naked as topless though. I dont do sunbathing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I've no problem with going naked for swimming etc. I'm as likely to be completely naked as topless though. I dont do sunbathing.

Naked swimming is fabulous. A completely different feeling to wearing a swimsuit. At 32FF my bras tend to resemble breastplates, so in hot weather releasing them from the underwire and plunging topless into the sea/lake/river is indescribably wonderful.:)

It's 31º here today, I wish I could do it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

My boyfriend suggested that if I sunbathe topless, I write his name in high-factor suncream on the girls. I prefer mucking around in the sea to sunbathing though, so that's not an issue. I'd never be offended by someone getting the rack out to sunbathe, or even doing it in the nip, more power to them.

Advertisement