Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topless sunbathing on holidays??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

There is not a snowballs chance in hell of me sunbathing at all, muchless topless. Skywards + sun = sunburn from hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Never done it but wouldn't rule it out. I think it depends on where you are as well. I'd be more inclined to in the backgarden I suppose.
    I'd be really worried my boobs would burn though, they're not used to the sun:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Abigayle wrote: »

FAS_Girl.jpg

At least find a real pair. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

In Europe I do, not in this side of the world though. When we go on girls holidays there's only one or two of us that don't sunbathe topless. I quite like the feel on the sun on them actually - its a bit free!

The sun in NZ is a killer, there's no ozone here so its very dangerous. I've got burned quite a few times. I went to Vanuatu (its a pacific island 3 hours flight north of NZ - go there!) on hols a few months ago and despite wearing factor 30 got fried alive. My skin is still suffering - it really brought my attention to how dangerous the sun is. I'll be a lot more careful in future, even in Europe where the sun is not as bad. If I go topless again it will be for a short period of time and with a high factor on. (actually that high factor applies to any sunbathing from now on)

I also agree with the swimming naked in the sea thing. I went topless on a hol in Greece and got in for a swim. Took my bottoms off in the water and it was fabulous.

I guess it depends how body conscious you are or how protective you are against the sun - each to their own!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Never understood it, myself.

New mother has a baby, who's a bit peckish, and most people don't bat an eyelid when mom whips out a breast and starts feeding the kid. But all of a sudden, without a kid attached, the nipples become an item of great embarassment to never see the light of day. It's not the breasts themselves, many women who would never go topless have little objections to bikinis or other such attire which emphasises/reveals the shapes. It's just the nipples, which get 'played with' on men a bit as well as on women.

How do you guys deal with co-ed showers, out of interest?

NTM (Interloper)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

stovelid wrote: »
    At least find a real pair. :p

I did have my suspicions, you just can't voice them on the net without looking like a bitch =P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 butterflydream

I do it occassionally, only in Spain though and thats cos I dont find it weird. I grew up with my mom sunbathing topless on the beach and all the Spanish women around me doing the same and going for walks along the shore with no tops on. I hate having the tan lines there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Spanish ,German some Brits and other women of various nationalites dont have a problem going topless on a beach and it's the norm for many .Even the older ones and grannys insist on getting them out .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I just fake it.... and cover my boobies in fake tan too...... I'd never get my baps out on hols i'd be afraid of frying my nips

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I can think of nothing worse than putting a bra on sunburned nipples. Specially when you're fairly large, and the seams are right there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Small round plaster can cover the nipples ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Wouldn't do it and I find it weird when people around me do it. I don't know where to look.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Pythia wrote: »
    Wouldn't do it and I find it weird when people around me do it. I don't know where to look.

not at their breasts?

Advertisement