Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Vegetables all round!

Heh, I quite liked The Thirsty Scholar, not sure about this "Art Mc Brides" though. We should have a cork veggie bash!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

raah! wrote: »
    Cork is grand! I haven't been to that place either though. I walk past it at least twice a week though, I should probably pop in some day.

When are you visiting cork? If I see you I'll give you some vegetables :)

Well she tends to come home at weekends and work weekdays! So I'll try to organise something soon. She has been asking me to visit for um, years, haha
    and I really should. We mentioned it there at the weekend so I'll let you know if and when. I'd love a vegetable or two, but I don't eat any over two inches long. :pac:

I am intrigued by this thirsty scholar and restaurant and such. maybe a cork veggie meet one day all right! If we can visit dublin surely one or 2 could visit cork? Although cork is scary bai

the link is alive and kicking in many areas... particularly by the sea, where i live, there's a fair crew of surfer/skaters. was watching them on the ramp recently, had a few pro dudes from dunny up (dunedin is farking cold, only the hardcore surf there) who didnt surf, and were amazed at some of the **** my mates were pulling on the ramp.. 'only a surfer could pull that off'.

Aaah, the Cork scene is quite different I'm afraid, mostly street skating going on. But we have a skatepark now, so we do see some longboarders and fellows who would be more surfy, nice to see them carving about. Watching me and my friends first times at the park you'd be all "only a street skater would backflip onto his neck after dropping in on a two foot ramp like that".

You should visit the park if you are ever down in cork!

Extra: Yup thirsty scholar is pretty sweet, you can talk in there, it's one of those places. Although the last few times I was there all the "sex is on fire" got a bit annoying.

Where's beirhaus?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

raah! wrote: »
    Aaah, the Cork scene is quite different I'm afraid, mostly street skating going on. But we have a skatepark now, so we do see some longboarders and fellows who would be more surfy, nice to see them carving about. Watching me and my friends first times at the park you'd be all "only a street skater would backflip onto his neck after dropping in on a two foot ramp like that".

You should visit the park if you are ever down in cork!

Extra: Yup thirsty scholar is pretty sweet, you can talk in there, it's one of those places. Although the last few times I was there all the "sex is on fire" got a bit annoying.

Where's beirhaus?

heh, im in nz for the next few years, hence all the surfies, i guess. i know they lobbied bloody hard to have nz be the first coutnry to formally recognise 'surf culture', but sadly, failed.

ha, dudes im with are all about dropping in on gnarly ramps, always climbing **** to drop in from... *usually* making it too. gotta love my garden, a lethal combo of halfpipe and cacti. stay on the ramp and you're sweet... otherwise, you're basically guaranteed to land hard on cactus.

i started out on a longboard, but have transitioned down to a shortie in the last month. the state of my legs is evidence to my grom status :o:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yes yay cork veggie meet, cork is the foodie capital of ireland innit? and it's not that scary :p bierhause is like...you get to the gate cinema, and then go across the bridge and turn right along the river and it's the pub with all the germans

• Advertisement

hahahahahah, halfpipe and cacti is the worst combo I've ever heard of. I used to have a cactus garden.... then I ate it :D.

That surf culture recognition sounds very good, we could use some of that in cork (for skating though)...we're being made illegal :(. This new wave of skateboard accessories for emos isn't doing our street cred any good either :P. But I guess uncoolness goes along with skateboarding in ireland and not being twelve.

Bierhause: Ah, I rarely turn right there :). I was in the franciscan recently though, no music there was!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yes yay cork veggie meet, cork is the foodie capital of ireland innit? and it's not that scary :p bierhause is like...you get to the gate cinema, and then go across the bridge and turn right along the river and it's the pub with all the germans
    Cork wouldn't be scary...but it's full of cork people!

Can't believe you guys ahven't tried out that restaurant! Anyway if I head down we should try to go in there, but I'll be really thinking about the thirsty scholar during the meal. The meals in there look all fancy, time to see is there one I like the look of. And whenever crumble comes home we should have a beers too!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerzzzzzzzzzzz!

Anyway, I think I'll leave the computer for the night, g'night vegetables!

gnight mate. :)

The water is warm... but it is sending me shivers...

lalala

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

im back yall!!! ya miss me?
    Riga was awesome!!! only thing it lacked was internet and phone :(
    just in door and straight on laptop, so nice to have 37 emails to get through, yeay! :)

• Advertisement

maameeo wrote: »
    im back yall!!! ya miss me?
    Riga was awesome!!! only thing it lacked was internet and phone :(
    Welcome back missy, good that you had a great holiday! prob just me lurking round here as usual to welcome ya home!
    just in door and straight on laptop, so nice to have 37 emails to get through, yeay! :)
    My bad, bit of a stalker ;)

Im just listening to very loud System of a Down whilst messing on this site putting in random words!
    http://thesurrealist.co.uk/movie.php?

It's surprisingly fun!

I wanna shimmy shimmy shimmy to the record dog yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Welcome back missy, good that you had a great holiday! prob just me lurking round here as usual to welcome ya home!

My bad, bit of a stalker ;)

Im just listening to very loud System of a Down whilst messing on this site putting in random words!
    http://thesurrealist.co.uk/movie.php?

It's surprisingly fun!

yea some of those emails wer a bit strange, im gona block u now kay! :P

strange website too! u drunk? :P

yea some of those emails wer a bit strange, im gona block u now kay! :P
    Only a bit strange, I can work with that!

You will forget to block me.

*jedi mind trick*
    strange website too! u drunk? :P
    Nah, you missed all my drunk posts from the other night, lucky you! I was all over boards whiskey and cocktail fuelled. :/

I see electro~bithc has snuck in and thanked my SOAD lyrics, and is away into the night with her vodka again!

The kombucha mushroom people,
    Sitting around all day,
    Who can believe you,
    Who can believe you,
    Let your mother pray, (sugar)

Well Im not there all the time you know
    Some people, some people, some people,
    Call it insane, yeah they call it insane, (sugar)
    I play russian roulette everyday, a mans sport,
    With a bullet called life, yeah called life,(sugar)
    You know that every time I try to go
    Where I really want to be,
    Its already where I am,
    Cause Im already there.(sugar)

I see electro~bithc has snuck in and thanked my SOAD lyrics, and is away into the night with her vodka again!

Ibrahim Drab Star is questioning the wisdom of staying in :( especially seeing as vodka is running out

Ibrahim Drab Star is questioning the wisdom of staying in :( especially seeing as vodka is running out

That is sad to hear, it's always so sad to see a bottle die so young.

That is sad to hear, it's always so sad to see a bottle die so young.

It's lasted since 8pm, and has seen me through many things. Including a rather one sided conversation about the socio-political implications of Private Practice with a disinterested and sober housemate, increased appreciation of the musical stylings of arvo part, the depravity of 4chan, and many drunken posts on boards. This bottle has lived a good life. long live the bottle. And everybody note my vastly superior drunk typing skills :pac:

did someone say bottles?!!
    i came home with two big bottles of jager, one in a tin case with jager label printed on it, awesome!!!!
    might use it was a biscuit tin when im done!

/downs the bottle of jager...

i came home with two big bottles of jager, one in a tin case with jager label printed on it, awesome!!!!

Urgh, I'm violently allergic to jager, which sucks, because I like the taste of it!

and yes i did learn that the hard way

It's lasted since 8pm, and has seen me through many things. Including a rather one sided conversation about the socio-political implications of Private Practice with a disinterested and sober housemate, increased appreciation of the musical stylings of arvo part, the depravity of 4chan, and many drunken posts on boards. This bottle has lived a good life. long live the bottle. And everybody note my vastly superior drunk typing skills :pac:
    Look my drunk typing skills were so awesome! It was agreat read the next day. Seems you like the good talks while on the hooch. A girl that talks of 4chan, interesting indeed. :D

I realise talking to me is hard and you needed that bottle but you have one left and this saturday hmm... hehe

• Advertisement

Look my drunk typing skills were so awesome! It was agreat read the next day. Seems you like the good talks while on the hooch. A girl that talks of 4chan, interesting indeed. :D

Ah yes,nowhere is the concept of wimmins on teh interwebs more alien :pac:
    She says as she breaks rules one and two of the rules which people seem to care about for some reason :confused: it's been mad craic on there the past few days, god love boxxy

Surely you are lying, can't be any wimmins there, most depraved place outside of my mind.
    Seriously some fo the threads there! I admit to liking them, but I shouldn't!

You know boxxy too? I've come a cross a wimmin that knows all the internets!

Surely you are lying, can't be any wimmins there, most depraved place outside of my mind.
    Seriously some fo the threads there! I admit to liking them, but I shouldn't!

You know boxxy too? I've come a cross a wimmin that knows all the internets!

Arra it's okay, just stay away from there on saturdays if you like cats :( I know boxxy personally sure, lovely girl (not true)

Arra it's okay, just stay away from there on saturdays if you like cats :( I know boxxy personally sure, lovely girl (not true)

You are boxxy! Admit it!

Okay I admit it :p lol at all the btards thinking I live in california, I'm actually an Irish cailin

God I didn't think somebody could annoy me that much in like 1 second of talking! That'll teach me to open videos of hawt girls heh

Ah no in fairness, the poor girl! all she did was make a perfectly innocent if eccentric/irritating video for her internet friend, and then the aids ridden asshole of the internet got a hold of her and now it's what like more than a year after the initial vid and people who frequent a site not known for its exemplary mental health are threatening to kill her :pac: can't be pleasant

edit: if somebody dares to quote this and call me a newfag i have news for you: NOBODY GIVES TWO ****S ABOUT /B/ seriously, even if you're mad into your internet subculture, there's probably several sites which have sprung up to fill the void which occured when normal functional people started to hear about b, so **** OFF

Not that anybody on the lovely vegan/veggie boards forum would do that of course :)

Watching her is crazy mesmorising, can't stop, don't understand! The eyes, must look away! Some people guess she is a secret weapon, I agree, heh. Can't believe people threaten her and the 4chan/7chan thing, internet is crazy!

I know, it's amusing to follow like, but every once in a while I get this moment of clarity "this is an actual real person with real feelings! She has an existence beyond an internet meme!" and I feel really bad for her. And then I just wonder does she have any idea about it or do I just spend too much time online

• Advertisement

I know, it's amusing to follow like, but every once in a while I get this moment of clarity "this is an actual real person with real feelings! She has an existence beyond an internet meme!" and I feel really bad for her.

Wimmins and their emoticons. :pac:
    And then I just wonder does she have any idea about it or do I just spend too much time online

Nah you don't, you can never have too much!
    /withdrawal symptoms

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement